Registry and Gift Forum

vacuum?

Anybody have a vacuum they love? We registered for the dyson at BBB, but I've heard some bad things about dysons, and I'm thinking about switching it out. Suggestions?

Re: vacuum?

• I love my Dyson.  I can't imagine what bad things people could say about my Dyson.
  • We have two labs that shed, and have been really pleased with the Shark Navigator.  We use it daily and I've noticed no difference in the suction over time.  We researched before we bought & opted to buy the Shark rather than the Dyson.  I'm glad we did as the Shark is much more reasonably priced as well.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_vacuum-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:64566689-0369-472a-a6a5-497a45974d1ePost:3a2c56c0-1f0e-4bbd-9c66-e3a457335079">Re: vacuum?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have two labs that shed, and have been really pleased with the Shark Navigator.  We use it daily and I've noticed no difference in the suction over time.  We researched before we bought & opted to buy the Shark rather than the Dyson.  I'm glad we did as the Shark is much more reasonably priced as well.  
    Posted by reggiesmommy[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I love my Shark and also chose it over the Dyson.
  • We absolutley love our Dyson - and by we, I mean DH.  I haven't vacuumed once since we were married a year and a half ago because he loves using it so much.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Love our Dyson! 
  • I have a Dyson Animal Ball, and love it.  It's amazing.  
    DSC_9275
  • We registered for a Dyson.  I've never heard anything bad about them.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Not to be the odd one out, but I love Kirby!  If I could afford one I would have it.  That being said, Dyson is a pretty good brand too, Bissell as well.
  • I will admit right off the bat that I'm totally biased because I worked for Bissell a couple of years back, but I absolutely love their vacuums!

Right now we've got the CleanView (clicky) and have had no problems with it at all. It is a reasonably priced vacuum and it's easy to empty the dust cannister. No complaints here!

A lot of other people really like the Healthy Home vacuum - that's a bit higher of a price point (though not nearly as expensive as a Dyson). I bought one for my mom when I still worked at Bissell and she's still using it now (5 years later) and it's still going strong.
  • Haven't used it yet, but we registered for this one. (Click Me.)
    It's really well-priced and comes highly rated by Consumer Reports.  I just couldn't justify a $500+ vacuum, since we're pretty hard on ours.  I think the only negative thing I've heard about Dyson is that it can be hard to deal with repairs/warranty if necessary.
  • Registered fir Dyson, and someone bought it already! Can't wait to use it!
  • We already bought the Dyson ball, the newest one. It really has changed our lives. He won't even let me use it he loves it so much. I love that the filters are washable, so you never ever have to buy a filter for it. That will really save a ton of money over the lifetime of the vacuum. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards