Ohio-Cincinnati

Local NKY church for ceremony?

Hello,

Just curious do any of you know of a church in NKY that allows for nonmembers to get married in? I have checked with several churches and they all say that I would need to be a member to get married there. Then of course follow up with saying I can not join the church just for the sake of getting married there.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Local NKY church for ceremony?

• edited December 2011
    If you're not interested in joining a church, why are you hoping to marry in one?
  • edited December 2011
    I dont think that in order to be religious you have to go to church on a regular basis. I do think that weddings should take place in a church if the bride and groom feels as if that would complete the wedding.

Im not sure why this question was even asked...
  • edited December 2011
    We had the same problem and ended up having luck chosing a church closer to home (west side of Cinci) as opposed to trying to find one near the reception hall (NKY).  But if you are already looking near home and are still having this problem, I'd suggest a non-denomenational church if you haven't already.  That was our next step, we heard from several people that they are much more lenient about the "members only" rules.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll find a great place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_local-nky-church-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:9497ca4a-f9fa-4a8d-852d-c6085aed53e4Post:9d09de62-c6e0-4c1f-be22-161d8984470d">Re: Local NKY church for ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're not interested in joining a church, why are you hoping to marry in one?
    Posted by belle19dV[/QUOTE]

<div>I see why you'd be asking this question.  There are those who want to be married in a church only for the setting.  But there are quite a few couples who want to get married in their home church or the church near their alma mater where they're no longer members or parishioners.  Or sometimes they're having a destination wedding in a different church that makes sense for both sides of the family.  For these folks, it doesn't mean they're not practicing their religion or that they aren't currently members of a church where they aren't getting married.</div><div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">In the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, we have a handful of Catholic churches that don't require you to be a parishioner to get married there.  They include <strong>St. Francis Xavier</strong>,<strong> St. Louis</strong>, and <strong>St. Peter in Chains Cathedral</strong>.  These aren't in NKY but in downtown.<div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">To be married in a Catholic church, one of you will need to be Catholic and both of you will go through some preparation for the ceremony (if getting married to a non-baptized person) or sacrament (if both of you are baptized Christians).  Ask the priest at least 6 months before your wedding date for more details.</div></span></div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who is getting married at Madison Ave Christian Church in Covington. She does not belong there and isn't planning on joining. I have never been there but she told me it is very pretty!

http://www.mchurch.com/
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Kel8204Kel8204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of Madison Ave. Christian Church in Covington.  If you're looking for a Catholic church, I'd suggest trying St. Augustine in Covington.
  • weishaslweishasl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how opposed you are to coming to the Ohio side, but we are actually using St. Boniface in Northside (maybe 10 mins from covington). It's gorgeous and they have a lot of non-parishioners that get married there.
    The problem I had when looking for a church was that some churches charge a lot more money for non-parishioners. I think Covington Cathedral you can get married without being a parishioner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_local-nky-church-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:9497ca4a-f9fa-4a8d-852d-c6085aed53e4Post:3a4245f9-500a-41f3-85e8-38769b098079">Re: Local NKY church for ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know how opposed you are to coming to the Ohio side, but we are actually using St. Boniface in Northside (maybe 10 mins from covington). It's gorgeous and they have a lot of non-parishioners that get married there. The problem I had when looking for a church was that some churches charge a lot more money for non-parishioners<strong>. I think Covington Cathedral you can get married without being a parishioner.</strong>
    Posted by weishasl[/QUOTE]

<div>If you mean the Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption, yes, they do.  I forgot to mention it in my post above because they're a part of the Diocese of Covington.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards