New York-Long Island

Reception Hall ideas

My FI and I have been looking at reception halls all last week. And we found what we don't want. We are looking for a place that does one wedding at a time, we don't like the hotel atmosphere and we prefer somewhere that has a nice area for pictures because we are looking at an afternoon reception and will not have time to go elsewhere for pictures. We are getting married at a church in Nassau county, but suffolk isn't totally out for the reception. Any ideas for me to check out?

Re: Reception Hall ideas

• scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try North Ritz Club in Syosset, they do one affair at a time. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Giorgio's in Baiting Hollow!! BEAUTIFUL!
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always love the Fox Hollow...becuase even though it's more than one at a time, it doesn't feel like it!!!
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    yes!! harbor club in huntington!  only one event at a time, very nice outside on the water for pictures and cocktail hour(weather permitting).
    fox hollow has more than one event at a time-and i've always felt like it-especially online for the bathroom or the valet guy.

• edited December 2011

Our reception is at Bridgeview Yacht Club. It is one venue at a time. That was a priority for me as well.

We also looked at the Riveria in Massapequa- very nice settings

• edited December 2011
    nassau county museum of art, harbor links golf club in port washington, sansouci in sea cliff...all beautiful and more intimate than your average LI catering hall.  We chose the Woodlands in Woodbury; no site fee and it's a 1-affair mansion.
  • edited December 2011
    Well I am getting married at the Riviera in Massapequa.  They have a great outdoor patio/deck for the cocktail hour and a wonderful wooden/rustic type of reception room.  I suggest only for 150 guests or less though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_reception-hall-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:bda71f8f-7e5d-4684-95b7-58e53c8970b3Post:8454e3c4-397e-49c7-a841-2e11c48d5e5e">Re: Reception Hall ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I am getting married at the Riviera in Massapequa.  They have a great outdoor patio/deck for the cocktail hour and a wonderful wooden/rustic type of reception room.  I suggest only for 150 guests or less though.
    Posted by sleepnbeeutie[/QUOTE]

thats one of the ones I plan on looking into! Do they have more than one wedding at a time? When are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    beacreful with the riviera- yes they only do one reception at a time, but they may do more than one in a day. friends of ours got married there last year and everything was wonderful except they had a wedding earlier in the day and at the cocktail hour they ran out of forks because they were all in the dishwasher from the last party. the groom was extremely upset. also i heard from the same couple that they were supposed to be serving top shelf liquor, but house liquor was was being poured into top shelf bottles so guests thought they were being served top shelf but were really being served house. granted this was all heard through a guest at the wedding, but just be cautious

other than that everything was wonderful. food was good and everything was beautifully done.
  • edited December 2011
    The Fox Hollow!!!! I booked it for my wedding next August.. So excited!!!!!    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards