July 2012 Weddings

having second thoughts on my photographer!!!!long vent..

I'm really starting to make myself sick with worrying about if I made the right choice on my photographer. I did my homework checked out all his reviews lokked at page upon page of past weddings he has done, met with him 2 different times before giving him my deposit. Now the first time I talked to him (and its really not that big of a deal) he just talked and talked I think I was on the phone with him just to get a quote of his packages for almost a hour and some change! Holy! Ok then the first time I met him his wife was there and she was trying to give us some of her input on things we might want or consider well I saw his temper start to spark up numerous times and fi and I even looked at each other after we left like did that really just happen! He told his wife to shut up twice,told her to go see what was going on with dinner...like she was a nusience(if that's how you spell it)haha......then the second time we meant him he asked me if my dress was strapless I told him yes well he proceeds to tell me well ok there are certain ways I can take your picture to hide your big arms...Wtf!!!!!! Who says that????? Ok fi told me not to worry about it because at this point I'm done next photographer in line please! But I rolled with fi(I'm not a pushover person but don't wanna upset fi with telling this guy where he can put his camera) so I sent fi to give him the deposit a couple days later and set up our engagment picture set.....the whole time at our session this photographer is having me *suck my belly in and push my chest out* ok THAT don't make for ridiculous pictures! So with all that said what should I do? Anything just go with it....? O and also one more thing he keeps saying about how he gets everybodys attention so he can get their pictures.....yes I want pictures with ppl looking at the camera but I would rather candid pictures too....I kept correctfing him and letting him know this and he would say yea yea of course but then repeat he needs everybody to be paying attention and look at the camera...I don't know if he is just referring to certain pictures or ALL the pictures he takes..I don't want to stop whatever I'm doing to look at the camera!!!! Lol now I. Don't know if I'm getting nervous because we are paying him off next week completely and just making things seem worse in my head then they are or what. What do you ladies think?ss so long:-(

Re: having second thoughts on my photographer!!!!long vent..

• How much money would you lose if you change photographers at this point? Because he sounds horrible. You need someone you feel comfortable with, and I'd hate to have an attention wh*re for a photographer who constantly wants everyone's attention. How do the e-pictures look?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_having-second-thoughts-photographerlong-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:088e2c1e-d04b-4fb5-906f-87ba9086d261Post:a15435fc-60cf-4a24-802b-6e045e3afd81">Re: having second thoughts on my photographer!!!!long vent..</a>:
    [QUOTE]How much money would you lose if you change photographers at this point? Because he sounds horrible. You need someone you feel comfortable with, and I'd hate to have an attention wh*re for a photographer who constantly wants everyone's attention. How do the e-pictures look?
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

This!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He does sound kindda horrible...
    The thing with his wife A- i understand why he could be getting a little frustrated with her butting in, it is his career and business, but B_ you don't tell her to shut up, especially in front of customers.
    What photographer tells their client that they have methods to hid their customers "big arms" if they are wearinga  strapless gown?

I agree with Eline.  If you can afford it, get a new photographer, either that or have a serious chat with the currently one and tell him you really don't appreciate some of the comments he's made, and that YOUR paying HIM so these are the shots you want and if he can't do that you'll be taking your business else where.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Like 300 which really isn't THAT big of a deal considering if I go with somebody else I won't have to constantly worry about how the day is going to pan out. The engagement pictures are fine minus m y booobs looking 4 sizes bigger then they are really and they were done in a studio(but that's cuz it was too darn cold outside) but he still didn't. Have a option for different backdrops. Yea and I really am not loving or even likeing for that matter for the most part of everybody looking at the camera and him pretty much ignoring my concerns besides saying yea yea...fi likes him and this alone is the only reason we have him because if it was up to me it wouldn't happen so I guess the real issue is convincing fi to change his mind! Like most ladies on here my fi don't have to many opinions and this is really the only one he has voiced so far besides the first dance song.
  • Then I think you need to tell FI your concerns and how the photographer makes you feel uncomfortable.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • What does your FI like about him? Or is it b/c you have already paid him a deposit and it's easier to keep him than to change? It sounded like your FI did notice some of the flaws in this guy when you first met him (when you looked at each to ask if that really just did happen...).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG is all I have to say.....he sounds horrible...I would not feel comfortable letting him take my pictures...If I felt uncomfortable with a photographer, I would have chosen them...
  • I think you need to either have a serious talk with the photographer or cut him loose.  I understand that your FI really likes the guy, but I talked to a photographer that just kind of creeped me out but had a great personality and my FI really liked, we didn't go with him because of my thoughts.  I think you are in a similar situation and you need to speak up that your uncomfortable, if your not liking the e-pics that much then you need to cut him loose.  Also if you aren't confident about yourself and being told he can make your arms look smaller than that is going to show in the pictures at the wedding.

Anniversary
  • He sounds awful.  I would change photographers if I was you.  You should feel comfortable with your photographer, especially so you get great pictures of your special day!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_having-second-thoughts-photographerlong-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:088e2c1e-d04b-4fb5-906f-87ba9086d261Post:13a614fc-205d-4ed9-8a05-ececd7e20b7d">having second thoughts on my photographer!!!!long vent..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really starting to make myself sick with worrying about if I made the right choice on my photographer. I did my homework checked out all his reviews lokked at page upon page of past weddings he has done, met with him 2 different times before giving him my deposit. Now the first time I talked to him (and its really not that big of a deal) he just talked and talked I think I was on the phone with him just to get a quote of his packages for almost a hour and some change! Holy! Ok then the first time I met him his wife was there and she was trying to give us some of her input on things we might want or consider <strong>well I saw his temper start to spark up numerous times and fi and I even looked at each other after we left like did that really just happen! He told his wife to shut up twice,told her to go see what was going on with dinner</strong>...like she was a nusience(if that's how you spell it)haha......then the second time we meant him he asked me if my dress was strapless I told him yes <strong>well he proceeds to tell me well ok there are certain ways I can take your picture to hide your big arms...Wtf!!!!!!</strong>Who says that????? Ok fi told me not to worry about it because at this point I'm done next photographer in line please! But I rolled with fi(I'm not a pushover person but don't wanna upset fi with telling this guy where he can put his camera) so I sent fi to give him the deposit a couple days later and set up our engagment picture set.....the whole time at our session this photographer is having me *suck my belly in and push my chest out* ok THAT don't make for ridiculous pictures! So with all that said what should I do? Anything just go with it....? O and also one more thing he keeps saying about how he gets everybodys attention so he can get their pictures.....yes I want pictures with ppl looking at the camera but I would rather candid pictures too....I kept correctfing him and letting him know this and he would say yea yea of course but then repeat he needs everybody to be paying attention and look at the camera...I don't know if he is just referring to certain pictures or ALL the pictures he takes..I don't want to stop whatever I'm doing to look at the camera!!!! Lol now I. Don't know if I'm getting nervous because we are paying him off next week completely and just making things seem worse in my head then they are or what. What do you ladies think?ss so long:-(
    Posted by wildflowerWed79727[/QUOTE]

Why after these 2 things happened would you even consider going with this guy?  I don't care if your FI liked him I would have put my foot down and said no!!  If my FI ever heard someone say to my face that I have big arms he probably would tell them to go f*** themselves.  I just don't understand why you even booked him in the first place. 

I would 100% rather lose my deposit of $300 then have this guy making me feel self conscious on my wedding day!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • FI may like him, but a photographer is someone you both have to like. If you can afford it, ditch him.

Like a pp said: what does your FI see in this guy?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's very important that we both feel comfortable with a photographer. It doesn't look like you're comfortable and there isn't a bond between you guys and the photographer.

I say get rid of him. BUT look around first and see if you can find somebody better than him before you decide. I wouldn't want you to not be able to find a photographer for your wedding day.

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow. I would get a new photographer. He seems very unprofessional to let his emotions affect him like that and the way he talks to you. He doesn't seem to be listening to what you want either. It's your wedding and you are paying him so he should at least attempt to accommodate your wishes.
    Photobucket
  • I agree with pp...have a serious and very blunt talk with your photographer and if that didn't work I would, quite honestly, go with your earlier instinct of telling him where to put his camera. That's just me though....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would feel soooooo uncomfortable and I would have walked out of these meetings because there is no reason that anyone should speak to you that way.  I would also put a review on my local board to give any other brides a heads-up so they don't walk into this situation. 

There is still plenty of time for you to find a new photographer.
  • your photos are the one thing from your wedding day that will last the rest of your lifetime. if you aren't comfortable with your photographer, that is going to come across in your pictures and you are not going to be happy with them.

our deposit was about 8 times more than your deposit was...if i had only put down $300 and wasn't happy with the photographer and he treated me the way he treated you...i would break the contract and walk away immediately. 

• Switch - if you won't lose a huge amount of money. He sounds like an ass, to be blunt.

then the second time we meant him he asked me if my dress was strapless I told him yes well he proceeds to tell me well ok there are certain ways I can take your picture to hide your big arms...Wtf!!!!!! Who says that?????

As soon as that happened, my mind would have been made up against him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He sounds awful!  I'd drop him and forget about the $300.  I'm so sorry!
  • I agree with pp. I will find another photographer. ASAP.
  • what a jerk, get rid of him
  • The fact that he did not keep his cool when his wife was frustrating him is a big red flag. Weddings can be stressful. People are going to get in the photographer's way and he has to stay cool. I would be afraid of him doing something inappropriate at my wedding if this is how he acts with his own wife.

Dump him asap!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards