September 2012 Weddings

Outside Wedding & Colors?

So I was originally thinking a purple/blue wedding, but I'm going to have my ceremony in a national park at the end of September- outside, surrounded by beautiful fall colors. Should I change my colors to fall colors (red, burnt orange, brown)? I feel like the purple/blue will look strange outside but I like that color mix.

As a sidenote, is anyone doing a destination wedding? My ceremony is half way across the country from my family, so only a few are coming and then we're doing a reception back home the next weekend- I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else do this! 

Re: Outside Wedding & Colors?

• I am faced with the opposite dilemma. My wedding will be outside in early September before the leaves change color and I want a burnt orange wedding. From seeing pictures and advice by other TK brides....do what you want! The colors and seasons don't have to match. I'm sure it will beautiful!
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm a strong believer in choosing the colors you want no matter what the season.  Just do what makes sense to you.  I think as long as you are happy with your color choice, that is all that matters.
    80 said yes image
  • I am getting married outside on Sept. 22, 2012, and my colors are blue and purple :D
    You can do any colors that you want to. I don't think guests would even notice if your colors did not match the scenery. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Wedding Blog!
    kelsdeliciouslife.wordpress.com
  • SN - we are doing a "destination" wedding at Disney.  I only said it that way because Orlando is a couple of hrs from me and EVERYONE is going to OOT since we have no family there.  It's cool but challenging sometimes since I can't just snap my fingers and be right there. 
    80 said yes image
  • I am getting married 9/22/12 I was going to to do Navy and purple but have now changed to navy and burnt orange.  I have found a lot of great ideas, I am happy I changed my colors!
  • 9-22-12 Navy blue... popular date/color combination!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsBoss I'm in the same boat.  We originally planned on a mid-Oct or late Sept wedding outdoors at a State Park and were using fall colors.  Due to conflicting issues with our venue our wedding is now Sept 1 (Labor Day weekend).  I still want fall colors.

Moonlight I think that you can use whatever colors you want and it will look gorgeous.  Let your florist know what your thoughts are and I'm sure she can come up with something you like that will also work with the outside ceremony.  That's what I'm planning on doing and hoping my florist can be amazing and combine my rustic/fall theme with something to use during the late summer date.
    ExerciseMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having an outdoor wedding on September 8, 2012 and I think we've decided on Lapis (dark purple) and champange. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards