Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Maggie Sottero - What's the deal?

There is a specific Maggie Sottero dress (Doreen) that I want to buy (tried it on in CA) that no bridal salon within the vicinty of DC says they carry. They also all say they are not able to order Maggie Sottero styles that they don't already carry (they do sell other MS dresses, though). 

All of my bridesmaids are in NYC, so I'm going up this weekend to just buy the dress at a salon up there, but now I'm wondering.... is it somehow sketchy that this one bridal salon(gets great yelp reviews?) is able to order the dress even though they don't carry it, but all the salons in DC (and Kleinfeld's in NY) said they weren't allowed to? 

Anyone privy to MS's rules and regs? 

Thanks mucho! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com

Re: Maggie Sottero - What's the deal?

• Options
    Does the local salon carry any Maggie dresses, but just not that one?  Check on their website for salons that carry authentic Maggie dresses, and if they are on there, I would be ok with ordering if they don't have a sample.  You've already tried it on, and could get measured based on the MS dress sizing guide.

I actually ordered mine in IA (live in CA) when I was home with my mom.  It took over 6 months to get in, but luckily it came a day before I was back for my showers/etc with my family, so I carried in on the plane back with me.  Although you could get it shipped to your home if you order it in NYC and won't be able to go back up there when it comes in, I would worry about not trying it on before having the salon release it and giving up their responsibility if something were ordered wrong.

• Options
    The Maggie Sottero line has some odd policies, so it's not sketchy at all. Because they tend to be in more than one salon in a given city, each salon is likely to have different Maggie dresses that are exclusive to that salon. Maybe none of the salons in your realiy liked  the dress or something. Justin Alexander works like this too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_maggie-sottero-whats-the-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5101d76a-8e20-49cc-98a6-0a3e6e1b32a5Post:cdb77fa5-d67b-49a5-a31c-57f8aacf1dac">Re: Maggie Sottero - What's the deal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does the local salon carry any Maggie dresses, but just not that one?  Check on their website for salons that carry authentic Maggie dresses, and if they are on there, I would be ok with ordering if they don't have a sample.  You've already tried it on, and could get measured based on the MS dress sizing guide. I actually ordered mine in IA (live in CA) when I was home with my mom.  It took over 6 months to get in, but luckily it came a day before I was back for my showers/etc with my family, so I carried in on the plane back with me.  Although you could get it shipped to your home if you order it in NYC and won't be able to go back up there when it comes in, I would worry about not trying it on before having the salon release it and giving up their responsibility if something were ordered wrong.
    Posted by lwoehlk[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, I only looked at salons that are listed on the MS website. </div><div>
    </div><div>FI's whole family is up in NYC, so we'll be back up for pre-wedding events anyway. Gives us an excuse to go see our friends, etc. </div><div>
    </div><div>Just seems odd that most MS retaiers say they CAN'T order the dress while this one says they can? IDK.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_maggie-sottero-whats-the-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5101d76a-8e20-49cc-98a6-0a3e6e1b32a5Post:17d67dd0-7675-444e-a8da-9251e9246def">Re: Maggie Sottero - What's the deal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Maggie Sottero line has some odd policies, so it's not sketchy at all. Because they tend to be in more than one salon in a given city, each salon is likely to have different Maggie dresses that are exclusive to that salon. Maybe none of the salons in your realiy liked  the dress or something. Justin Alexander works like this too.         
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>Right, so I'm wondering why this one salon (who is an official MS retailer) says they CAN order the dress? IDK. </div>
  • Options
    They may have a different agreement where they can order all the dresse for some reason-possibly due to location, or length of time as a Maggie retailer, etc. I know of a local store that has an arrangement like that with one particular line because its a plus-size store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_maggie-sottero-whats-the-deal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5101d76a-8e20-49cc-98a6-0a3e6e1b32a5Post:dcea117f-cc20-4c2b-8684-7f1a74a0cbad">Re: Maggie Sottero - What's the deal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I order my MS dress at Rosalin's Bridal Boutique in Falls Church, VA. (click here)  If you haven't tried there as well, you might give Rosalin a call.  I've been very pleased with my experience there.
    Posted by LisaE12[/QUOTE]

<div>I did - they said they couldn't order styles they didn't have samples of? </div>
  • Options
    Maggie Sottero dress can be found as follows:

http://www.cheap-bridal.com/wedding-dresses_c123

Hope it helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards