Plus-Sized

Have you gotten you...

wedding bands yet? 
me and the FI finished paying ours off yesterday, and may i say hes really excited about it!
where did you get yours? and are you getting them soddered together? and one or 2 bands? 

Re: Have you gotten you...

• We got our rings a while back...prob about 2 months after we were engaged (we were so excited).  :)  I'm getting mine soddered together after the wedding! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I was wearing mine around the house last night.  Got them from the same jeweler that FI got my engagement ring from.  I actually got 2 wedding bands, one is a plain band, and the other has diamonds and fits the curve of my e-ring.  I am keeping them separate.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited February 2012
    My e-ring and wedding band came in a set, so I've had them since I got engaged. I plan on soddering them once we get married. 

We bought FI's last summer before I moved halfway across the country, and he's been wearing it even though we're not married yet. Kind of my request, to show people that yes, he's taken, and even though I'm not there he's off-the-market. And more importantly, to give him something to remind him of me every time he looks at his hand. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well, we're not getting married until 10/2013, so we have awhile before we have to buy our rings. We'll get them both from the same place that he bought my engagement ring, and I might sodder my rings after the wedding. I don't know yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have never heard of soddering the rings together after the wedding.  something to think about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_have-you-gotten-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:12796a92-36a6-4463-8de1-124fa98adffePost:15e6af9e-6baf-47c5-aeca-df8f91c9d583">Re: Have you gotten you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never heard of soddering the rings together after the wedding.  something to think about.
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

Aye. I was wondering if this was an American thing. I'm very confused about soddering rings.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_have-you-gotten-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:12796a92-36a6-4463-8de1-124fa98adffePost:54820998-e7da-47fb-a00f-65e148e64b04">Re: Have you gotten you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you gotten you... : Aye. I was wondering if this was an American thing. I'm very confused about soddering rings.
    Posted by Amt2109[/QUOTE]

I don't know how common it is, but some people prefer to sodder the e-ring and wedding band together, instead of wearing two separate rings.  I think it is more common with a band with diamonds, that way it is just one ring to turn on your finger instead of one turning one way and the other turning the other way.

Some women even have it done before the wedding, so that the band actually used in the ceremony is the combined e-ring and wedding band.  I want as many different wearing options as possible, so I am keeping mine separate.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We got FI's wedding band from amazon.com because we didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for jewelry...I will probably also be getting mine from amazon.com because the thought of wearing something really expensive that is so tiny and damageable just isn't something that works for me.

I'm waiting till I get my tax return before I order my ring though...
  • thanks for the feed back ladies. now its time for me to dish. we did get our rings from Riddles its a store that opperates only west of iowa. so its in montana and places like that. i am getting my bands soddered to my ring simply because there are 2 of them and the top is completely flat to accent my center princess cut stone on my engagment ring. the bands both have channel set princess cut diamonds. 
    my FI got a titanium ring because its super light and super durrable. Hes inlove with it maybe just a little more than his truck and a very close second to me. haha.  Keep posting i cant wait to hear more and see pictures if you guys want to upload them
  • I have my wedding band, we picked it up Saturday. We ordered FI's and it should be here in a few weeks.  I am going to keep my rings separate, because there are some times when I will just wear my wedding band. My I can't sleep with my ering on, it is too high set and sharp.
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • cinderellasjccinderellasjc member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We just paid off our bands too!!!! What a relief...... They have been sitting in a drawer for about 6 months now.  Makes me crazy.... FI bought mine as a set, and after he proposed we went to get his band which matches mine.  I am planning on having mine put together as well after the wedding.  For the wedding I bought a ring clip so they will be banded together.  This way my E ring and my band will both be blessed at the same time. 
  • Fspoon ordered our yesterday online.  We're also going to get them engraved, but we have to do that locally because the place we got them from doesn't do engraving in Hebrew. 

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_have-you-gotten-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:12796a92-36a6-4463-8de1-124fa98adffePost:b0680e4a-d627-44f9-984c-de3f71c95de8">Re: Have you gotten you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you gotten you... : I don't know how common it is, but some people prefer to sodder the e-ring and wedding band together, instead of wearing two separate rings.  I think it is more common with a band with diamonds, that way it is just one ring to turn on your finger instead of one turning one way and the other turning the other way. Some women even have it done before the wedding, so that the band actually used in the ceremony is the combined e-ring and wedding band.  I want as many different wearing options as possible, so I am keeping mine separate.
    Posted by becka717[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. :) I understand what was meant... I've never heard of it called 'soddering'. I always thought it was soldering...
  • edited February 2012
    My fiance got my engagement ring at Gordon's. We plan to get our bands there also, but we haven't purchased them yet. We still have almost a year before our wedding, so we have lots of time.

I am leaning towards not having my soddered together. Most of the woman I work with don't so that they can just wear their band while working. I am a vet tech, so I don't like to wear my e-ring at work. It can get caught and I don't want to get all of the gross things I work with on it. Plus I can't wear it in some instances.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_have-you-gotten-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:12796a92-36a6-4463-8de1-124fa98adffePost:8711b4a3-2a7c-4de6-98f1-1bc43368ccdf">Re: Have you gotten you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance got my engagement ring at Gordon's. We plan to get our bands there also, but we haven't purchased them yet. We still have almost a year before our wedding, so we have lots of time. I am leaning towards not having my soddered together. Most of the woman I work with don't so that they can just wear their band while working. I am a vet tech, so I don't like to wear my e-ring at work. It can get caught and I don't want to get all of the gross things I work with on it. Plus I can't wear it in some instances.
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]

<div>i have this same problem being a paramedic. so i am getting my soddered together. and then getting a cheep white gold band to wear on the job</div>
  • Not yet. We still have like ten months before the wedding...  I don't even know what kind of band I want, if I want something that is just white gold or with diamonds.

I think FH wants a tungsten band and I get to pick it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_have-you-gotten-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:12796a92-36a6-4463-8de1-124fa98adffePost:b6e55a15-4576-4bf9-aa5c-5a62b7ebedb5">Re: Have you gotten you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you gotten you... : I'm sorry. :) I understand what was meant... I've never heard of it called 'soddering'. <strong>I always thought it was soldering...
    </strong>Posted by Amt2109[/QUOTE]

That's b/c it is.
  • We are getting our rings off of Etsy.com because we want something different.  I have already received the ring sizer and will be ordering rings soon!  I can't wait to get them.
  • my Ering is was one of my great grand mothers, (she was remarried) i was really lucky to get an antique tiffany ring and i put the diamond my mom was using back into the original setting - it is around 80+ yrs old and i am not looking forward to finding a band to fit with it- I love my ring as it is lol.
    I think we are looking for bands this weekend I plan to use my discover card cash back @ Ulta diamonds you can get a 100 gift card for 50 cash back - i will let you all know how it works out ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • @EastSideBlonde....I'm drooling right now...antique Tiffany ring...Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_have-you-gotten-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:12796a92-36a6-4463-8de1-124fa98adffePost:bf96564b-7000-4d31-b67c-00a869f9bc03">Re: Have you gotten you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not yet. We still have like ten months before the wedding...  I don't even know what kind of band I want, if I want something that is just white gold or with diamonds. I think FH wants a tungsten band and I get to pick it out.
    Posted by meofmanynames@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

<div>when we went to look at bands we were told the tungsten was a high quality metal but in very cold weather it can crack. so we went with titanium for his it looks just like tungsten but its much lighter and much more durable. good luck. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards