Delaware
Options

Ceremony Music

I would love to have live music during our ceremony, maybe just two violins, but don't want to spend a fortune.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I was thinking about contacting the music department at UD to see if they have any students to recommend.  Has anyone done that before?  Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Music

• Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had thought of it, but (stupidly) decided against it. there's also private music "schools" in the milford area & i'm sure around the rest of the state as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had The Concord Duo perform at our wedding near Newark, DE.  A violin and piano - they were awesome.  Ceremony (including prelude) ran us $300 - and we were able to select our music and they even did an arrangement for the specific song I wanted to walk down the aisle to.  I highly recommend them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd look at the Music School of Delaware.  They have an excellent violin program there.  I don't know any specifics, but I'm sure you'd be able to hire someone from there, either a student or a teacher.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Try the Opera House, bet they have some spectacular singers who can sing anything, not just opera.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards