California-Northern

Where to shop for my gown?

Any good suggestions for where to go to shop for a gown?  I live in Sacramento and I'm willing to drive to the Bay or elsewhere for a day of shopping.  I'm looking for a destination wedding-type dress and I don't want to spend more than $2,000.  Thanks!!!!

Re: Where to shop for my gown?

• edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo and David's Bridal. I think DB has their $99 sale still going on, so it would save you a ton of money!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker http://hannahandalec.weebly.com/ My Planning Bio-Updated 9/18
  • edited December 2011
    House of Fashion in Sacramento has tons of dresses also Keepsake Bridal in Sacramento was really nice. 

• aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Gallery on Sunrise. Big selection!! I'm getting my dress from there, and they have their own seamstress and do pretty cheap alterations. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • olywillisolywillis member
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try House of Fashion II as well - the discount outlet to House of Fashion.
  • SwindellaSwindella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out dreamnette bridal in roseville if you havent found a dress! very unique and beautiful dresses at very good prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker xoxo LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers image Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I went to some smaller, intimate shops like De La Rosa's in Folsom and Renfro's in Placerville. Both had beautiful and affordable dresses and amazing service. I also went to a consignment shop hidden in Carmichael called Tickled Pink. They have a really good selection of up to date dresses (most thrift/consignment shops have 80s-90s dresses..this is not the case! I saw some really good labels as well as gowns I had recently seen in magazies) and are very affordable I don't believe anything was over $500. Its a place you wouldn't think of but worth checking out. I just had the impersonal experience of David's Bridal and shops like that.
  • dianalynmdianalynm member
    edited December 2011
    When I went dress shopping in Sac, I found my dream dress at Miosa. The experience there was so nice. I went to House of Fashion Bridal afterwards and it was like a factory. I did not like it there at all. I felt rushed and there was nobody there but me and my friend!

I suggest Miosa. Although I got my dress in the Bay Area (closer to me than Sac), Michael was extremely helpful and he was the one who actually picked out the dress I ended up choosing.

I did get my dress at Papers and Petals in Burlingame (horrible reviews on Yelp, but so far my experience has been good). J'aime Bridal in Pleasanton had a huge selection of gowns. If they had my dress I would've bought it there. If you do purchase your dress there, you get 20% off or something on bridesmaids dresses.

Oh, and my last suggestion is Flares in Walnut Creek at Broadway Plaza. They have a small collection right now but the owner is going to add so many more designers to her shop and her prices are very reasonable! She was also very sweet and helpful, which made the experience so much nicer.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Haven Bridal in Folsom. it is a smaller store and the staff there is very friendly. I am a budget bride and was able to get an Allure bridal gown for 500$ They also give a 10% discount to your bridesmaids :) Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards