Pennsylvania

Need Help: In search of river rocks (that aren't in a river)...

Hi Ladies!  I'm from the NJ board, but I used to live over in Stewartsville in Jersey (right next to PBurg, so I know the Easton/Lehigh Valley area pretty well).  I have a question for all of you that I'm hoping you can help me out with...

Aside from rolling up my pants and throwing on a pair of boots to go out into the woods in search of them... does anyone know anywhere in the area where I could buy (or get for free) polished river rocks in bulk/wholesale?  I might even go for unpolished, but I'd prefer polished.  They're for the centerpieces that I'm planning on doing.

I'm looking for something similar to these... http://rocktumblingsupplies.com/polished_river_rocks_mixed_large.html

Or these... http://rocktumblingsupplies.com/polished_river_rocks_black_large.html

And again, I wouldn't mind doing unpolished, but I'd prefer polished since I think they look a bit nicer.

TIA!
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Help: In search of river rocks (that aren't in a river)...

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried Michael's or AC Moore?? I'm not sure if they offer these in bulk but I know I've seen them there. You can also use their sale coupons. HTH
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    Not specific - but a pool store or landscaping place should have them -- I know our pool growing up had stones like that around the outside of the concrete that went around the pool since the water would kill the grass near the pool.  Check landscaping places near you - like where people buy sand, mulch, etc.
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Home Depot or Lowes might have them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards