Maine
Options

So excited!!!!

I'm so excited I just had to share with everyone!  FH and I have been stressing over when we can get married.  Everyone wants to see us married and it would make way more sense financially to just get married (we're both still in school).  We really want to get married this summer but it was just not looking good.  We are still not sure we'll be able to afford it, but we now have hope!  Our biggest expense was going to be the photog. The venue is free (our church), the officiant probably won't accept the money we try and pay him (he is our pastor and has becoming a very close friend), and my FMIL is making the dress so I'm only paying for materials.  After spending hours on here yesterday(I should have been studying but I'm a great procrastinator!) I found a recommendation for a local photog that I hadn't heard of before.  Long story short we found a photog, whose work we like, for under $500!!!!  We had originally budgeted $1500 and it was going to be hard to pull off.  But now I feel like this wedding is so much more doable!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: So excited!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's great! Congratulations on finding someone affordable for you. I already booked my photographer :( but I'd still like to know the name of the one you found... We are on a super tight budget too so I can totally relate!
  • Options
    rin89rin89 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    http://www.seguinphoto.com/index.html

This is who I found.  I'm pretty sure he was actually recommended by another Maine bride.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay!  I'm very excited about using them too!!!!  I too was stressing out about photography, amongst other things, and when I came across him, It made me feel so much more optomistic about the whole budget thing. I'm guessing you saw my post earlier? if so, I'm glad it helped someone out! I was hoping it would!
  • Options
    rin89rin89 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes, yours was the post I saw!  I talked with him after looking over his gallery.  He seems wicked nice.  He told me that the reason he charges so little is because he doesn't use his photog business as his main income, so he uses the opportunity the help brides like us that can't afford $1000 (minimum) for a wedding session.  This was going to be the biggest expense of the wedding but now it's costing less than my dress. I have to admit to splurging on my dress a little bit though.  My FMIL is a seamstress and she is making my dress so I only have to pay for the materials.  We sat down and budgeted $1000 for the dress but that's actually a really high estimate.  We both get the Jo-Ann's coupons for 50% off so we are going to be using those to get some really good deals!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awesome!- yes, thats what he told me too, and That alone just seales the deal- very down to earth guy- and that is awesome about you dress! I wish I had knwn someone who could have helped me with that, theres so many dresses I tried on and wished I could peice together to make ONE dress- I did end up finding one I fell in LOVE with though.   Hooray for Being Budgety!!!! we will have to stick together through this whole planning process and share tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards