New Jersey

Northern NJ Venue HELP - Hyatt on the Hudson VS Venetian VS Rockleigh

Hey ladies, I have a huge dilemma (and very time sensitive)! Basically I have 3 venues that I LOVE, and they are holding the dates/prices for me until Wednesday so I'm trying to decide by then. All the venues I love are the complete opposite of each other too. I am having my wedding April 2014, 300 people expected, and here is what I am debating between:

1) Saturday night wedding at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson, Jersey City in their Manhattan ballroom. Gorgeous views, basic ballroom.

2) Saturday afternoon wedding at the Rockleigh Country Club in their large ballroom. Elegant fairytale atmosphere.

3) Saturday afternoon wedding at the Venetian in the main Palazzo room. Gorgeous wow atmosphere.

I plan to have both the wedding ceremony and the reception at the venue. I am debating between these 3 venues which I love SO much and for availability reasons/budget as well I have 2 afternoon and 1 evening option! What would you all choose and why? Where am I getting the most for my money and have the best wedding?

Re: Northern NJ Venue HELP - Hyatt on the Hudson VS Venetian VS Rockleigh

• Also, the theme of my wedding will be an international sort of theme. My fiance is Scottish and I am American so we want to incorporate that somehow too.
  • I'd pick the Hyatt because it's a Saturday night wedding. I turned down a few places where I could afford an afternoon wedding but not an evening because I really wanted the atmosphere that comes with an evening wedding. Full disclosure: I've never been to any of the venues you listed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c4c69b3-c6d7-46c8-b827-b9d0e4d04da0Post:edf7863f-4752-4972-a1a4-38ef412fd544">Northern NJ Venue HELP - Hyatt on the Hudson VS Venetian VS Rockleigh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, I have a huge dilemma (and very time sensitive)! Basically I have 3 venues that I LOVE, and they are holding the dates/prices for me until Wednesday so I'm trying to decide by then. All the venues I love are the complete opposite of each other too. I am having my wedding April 2014, 300 people expected, and here is what I am debating between: 1) Saturday night wedding at the Hyatt Regency on the Hudson, Jersey City in their Manhattan ballroom. Gorgeous views, basic ballroom. 2) Saturday afternoon wedding at the Rockleigh Country Club in their large ballroom. Elegant fairytale atmosphere. 3) Saturday afternoon wedding at the Venetian in the main Palazzo room. Gorgeous wow atmosphere. I plan to have both the wedding ceremony and the reception at the venue. I am debating between these 3 venues which I love SO much and for availability reasons/budget as well I have 2 afternoon and 1 evening option! What would you all choose and why? Where am I getting the most for my money and have the best wedding?
    Posted by naufylicious[/QUOTE]

<div>The Hyatt. I think the views will be nice. Rockliegh and Venetian are nice, but in a gaudy kind of way.</div>
  • Yeah I am leaning a bit more towards the Hyatt because of the evening option. I'm a bit worried about being able to get ready in time for an afternoon wedding/being too stressed out the morning of my wedding.

I think an afternoon weddding at the Venetian might feel out of place in that atmosphere, but an afternoon wedding at the Rockleigh with all the windows could match that vibe. I think the views at the Hyatt at night will be gorgeous. I think I am leaning more towards the Hyatt but just worried if I really get my money's worth at this venue/they seem a bit hard to deal with!
  • I'd pick the Hyatt solely on the fact that it's a Saturday night.  Saturday afternoon weddings don't have the party atmosphere that night weddings do. I also find them awkward for this reason.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've only been to the Venetian and although I loved it, I don't like how there is more than one event at a time.

My only comment would be to also think about pictures.  If you're doing the ceremony at the venue, I'm assuming you're taking all of your pictures before.  The Rockleigh and the Hyatt probably have better photo ops than the Venetian.
  • I would prefer a Saturday wedding so I'd go with the Hyatt. I have not been there for a wedding but went for a charity event a few years ago. The view was stunning at night.

If you are OK with a Saturday afternoon wedding, I would choose the Rockleigh over the Venetian. I looked at both places for my wedding as well. I LOVED the Rockleigh but was way out of our budget for a Saturday evening wedding in October.

• Great points ladies! To be honest, i've never actually been to an afternoon wedding myself! Hyatt probably does have the best photo opps! I guess I need to work on negotiating more into the contract with them so I feel more comfortable with them.
  • Thanks for all of your help everyone! I ended up going with the Hyatt! I'm excited! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_northern-nj-venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c4c69b3-c6d7-46c8-b827-b9d0e4d04da0Post:bcf79d1e-1cb1-47ec-9cce-b8dce774d3b6">Re: Northern NJ Venue HELP - Hyatt on the Hudson VS Venetian VS Rockleigh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all of your help everyone! I ended up going with the Hyatt! I'm excited! :)
    Posted by naufylicious[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!
  • The Hyatt. I think a nighttime wedding is so much more fun. This is my own issue, but I can't take the Venetian seriously as a wedding venue because all our sorority formals and student government formals were there. The last time I saw it, it was kind of 80s jersey wedding looking.
  • Congratulations! I'm having my wedding at the Jersey Hyatt on a Friday night in June 2014. I love the view but agree with you about the limited food compared to the Rockleigh. The Rockleigh gives so much food and the a hyatt is limited I'm trying to work with to give me a extra station. I never went to the Venetian because they put me on hold too long when I called so I scratched them off the list
  • Have you already signed the contract or are you negotiating the extra station before signing? Have they been negotiable on much else from your experience? I had trouble getting them to add much :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards