California-Bay Area

Price per guest

Hi all,

New here, and I'm already confused! I'm trying to plan a wedding and reception at local vineyard, and in contacting a caterer, I need to come up with a price per person. We would like to serve BBQ Pork, Beef and shellfish. Any feedback on a good price per person?

Thanks!

Lisa
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Price per guest

• mooselissamooselissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I'm getting married at a winery in Sonoma and am sorting through catering proposals right now. I'm seeing quite a variety of pricing. The actual menu is a big part of it, but the rentals are where I think I'm seeing the biggest difference. Some caterers include all the basics--linens, dinner settings, glasses, etc., while others include them in the proposal by each piece that will be used. I knew we would consider those details for upgrades, but didn't expect all the other additional costs. For example, one place is quoting $27pp for the actual food, but when its all said and done it works out to $100pp (not including the bar). A different one has the food at $40pp, but the total cost is lower.

I think the most important thing is to know what your total budget is so you can give them that guidance to see if they can build a proposal around it or not.

Good luck!
    M
    Anniversary
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it varies wildly by location. I've been dealing with places where it's venue + catering. I'm looking at about $135pp for location, food, beverage, basic table settings, etc. It sounds like you already know your site fees, so just know your total budget and ask for quotes.
  • SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My price per guest for food and non-alcoholic beverages is $29pp. All the other costs, except venue is $16.60pp. My wedding starts a noon so I am having a lighter fare, but still a full menu.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards