Louisiana-New Orleans

Parkview Terrace City Park

Hi I am just starting the wedding process. I am inviting about 130 ppl to the wedding. I love City Park! I want to have an outdooor ceremony at the park and reception at Parkview Terrace. I have read in previous post that the price is inexpensive and the food is great, but I can't seem to find any pictures or get a reply from anyone at City Park. If any of you wonderful ladies have any info on pricing, catering prices and any pictures please let me know. Also any additional info you may have on the success of your wedding at either of these venues is also helpful as well. This might help me make my decision on if I should  move on or wait on a reply from City Park venues. Thanks sooo much for your help!

Re: Parkview Terrace City Park

• Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at parkview terrace for our wedding. The site and the park are beautiful, no doubt. But we went with a different option. From what I recall, and this was in October 2010, the catering package was around $55 per person. We never got to actually go inside the terrace though because our contact was late to the appointment and had double booked, so there was a meeting going on inside, we could only peek through the windows. Being an OOT bride, there was no time to look again, and that did factor into our decision.
  • bestra0129bestra0129 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are really no pictures online of it. I had trouble with them as well when was trying to book a viewing appt. It is better to call them. I know they is a $1000 rental fee on top of the per head catering fee. I know when we looked at it for 150 ppl, it was going to cost us $8000 total. Also, they make you count your other vendors such as photographer, videographer, band/DJ, etc. In your final number.
  • edited December 2011

Queen Jane thanks so much! This helps a lot, I hope that after the Voodoo fest is over I hear back from someone.

• edited December 2011
    Hi bestra0129!  Thank you so much for that information. I will call them on Monday. Wow I have to include other vendors, did you use them? I have tried very hard to find pictures but the ones I have seen so far are on their website. 8000 total is not too bad depending on the food options. Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011

We booked Parkview for our March 2012 wedding.  We know several people who either had receptions there or went to receptions there and RAVED about the venue.  We're inviting over 150, which is the "comfortable" max, but we're praying for good weather so the terrace can be utilized.  I think it's the cheapest venue option City Park has.  I'm not sure about the vendors included head count policy though.  We've been in conact with April and she's pretty good about being responsive.

I did a google search for photographers who have shot there with pics on their blogs:
    http://www.michaelcaswell.com/parkview-terrace-new-orleans-wedding-tanya-maxim/

http://neworleansweddingphotography.net/689/alison-billys-wedding-516/

• bestra0129bestra0129 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not go with Parkview Terrace because they were strict on the 150, and I lost a battle with my FMIL on the guest list count (which is now 350+). It was mentioned several times during the walk-thru with April that vendors are apart of your headcount.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for that information. I now have a better out look on whats ahead. I am really trying to stick to the head count because money is really tight these days. I'm hoping that once I get all the numbers together we can pick an official date not a around this time of year date. This is so stressful when the cost comes into play! oohsnapash I actually pm'd you about some information on the venue. Thanks ladies this has been helpful and your quick response has eased some of my stress! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Parkview Terrace in May of 2012.  We have had great experiences so far working with April.  The prices are pretty reasonable and the venue itself overlooks some of the most beautiful scenery in City Park. 

It's interesting that some of you were told different information, but I was specifically told that the vendors do not factor into the overall headcount.  Having 8 musicians, 2 videographers, a DJ and a photographer would be a LOT of extra $ so we were happy to hear that. We also did our tasting two months ago and the food was good.  Extra bonus:  they set up 2 bars so you can spread people out.  We are going to have one on the terrace (weather permitting, knock on wood) and one inside. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks MarcusandMeliss! I was able to get in touch with someone today at the sales office. She stated that tomorrow I would get an email with some information on the catering and venue prices. So hopefully its not too pricey and I can afford it. I was told that in the email I will have a person name so that I can set up an appointment to view the venues. I am very excited and anxious to hear what I am going to be told lol! But I am hoping I am going to love it just as much as everyone else has. thanks for all the feedback, I will keep you posted!
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if the pricing varies in City Park, but the menu I got was around $60/person including tax and tip plus the rental fee.  It does include wedding cake.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Louisianablue just pm'd you!
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just PM'd you back.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding there in June 2012.  So far being able to get a hold of April, our coordinator, has been hit or miss.   Overall I think this will be a great venue and relatively inexpensive.   One of the questions I have though is about music for the ceremony? I heard that it's not allowed when having an outside ceremony? Anyone hear of this? I've asked April but haven't gotten a response yet.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_parkview-terrace-city-park?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:a1cc8df5-de9d-40f9-aa31-b05cbbbab289Post:77029729-9204-4a90-8f58-11d687d93d98">Re: Parkview Terrace City Park</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having our wedding there in June 2012.  So far being able to get a hold of April, our coordinator, has been hit or miss.   Overall I think this will be a great venue and relatively inexpensive.   One of the questions I have though is about music for the ceremony? I heard that it's not allowed when having an outside ceremony? Anyone hear of this? I've asked April but haven't gotten a response yet.
    Posted by Harrison2B12[/QUOTE]

<div>We asked about this when we were looking there, and they told us something like a string quarter would be fin, I'm just not sure on whether it can actually be amplified or not.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I think ceremony music is allowed outside but it cannot be amplified.  I, too, am working with April, and I have an email in to her to verify.  We are having our ceremony at Popp Bandstand, right next door to Parkview Terrace, and we booked Harry Hardin and his associate as our violinist and classic guitarist. 
  • So I'm seeing a lot of good information on this forum about Parkview Terrace, but the dates posted are a bit old. Does anyone have anymore info? We are getting married on 12-13-14 At Popp's Bandstand and having the reception at the Terrace. Getting a hold of April has been a nightmare and when I asked questions in my last email she totally brushed me off and told me to "stop emailing her until it was closer". I was very upset by that response. My wedding will have about 75-120 people (still getting a headcount) and I'm hoping the weather will be good. Our DJ will be playing the ceremony and reception since my harpist dropped out and I have no more money to hire a new one... Any advice or info?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards