Colorado
Options

Knotties-I need help with an officiant

Knotties,

My fiance and I are getting married in July, I am having THE most difficult time finding an officiant.  I have contacted many- and they all seem to be booked.  Our wedding is in Granby CO so I would need someone who can travel.  My fiance and I are both religous but do not belong to a specifc church. 

Please help!  Any ideas or suggestions of potential contacts? 

Sarah

Re: Knotties-I need help with an officiant

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_knotties-i-need-help-with-an-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:1dfdaba1-6983-4939-bf34-9195a06d0b27Post:563ca8d6-36be-4189-8bbc-5c369d8f75d5">Knotties-I need help with an officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Knotties, My fiance and I are getting married in July, I am having THE most difficult time finding an officiant.  I have contacted many- and they all seem to be booked.  Our wedding is in Granby CO so I would need someone who can travel.  My fiance and I are both religous but do not belong to a specifc church.  Please help!  Any ideas or suggestions of potential contacts?  Sarah
    Posted by stindell[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I can't help, because I haven't started looking for my officiant.  I'll let you know if I do, though.  Please post if you find yours--I am getting married in Granby in July too.  Actually, TomK (above) is going to be my photographer.

Terry
  • Options
    Lyrical--Congrats on the wedding in Granby in July-we are officially wedding twinsies.  We actually decided, after a very long process of meeting with lots of people, to use a family friend and a more casual ceremony script.  Just as an FYI-Anyone can marry you in the state of CO.  It does not have to be a minister, or even someone who is ordained.  As long as you have 2 witnesses...you could marry yourself.  Fun fact. 
  • Options
    Family friends can make the most amazing officiants ... (with a little cermony text)

• Options
    Family friends can make the most amazing officiants ... (with a little cermony text)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_knotties-i-need-help-with-an-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:1dfdaba1-6983-4939-bf34-9195a06d0b27Post:a946902f-6e15-4910-84ee-d7a5bc014966">Re: Knotties-I need help with an officiant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lyrical--Congrats on the wedding in Granby in July-we are officially wedding twinsies.  We actually decided, after a very long process of meeting with lots of people, to use a family friend and a more casual ceremony script.  Just as an FYI-Anyone can marry you in the state of CO.  It does not have to be a minister, or even someone who is ordained.  As long as you have 2 witnesses...you could marry yourself.  Fun fact. 
    Posted by stindell[/QUOTE]

Good to know!  Thanks.  We are definitely wedding twinsies.  Please share if you find any vendors that you are particularly fond of--I still have a LOT of work to do :-/

At the moment I am working on the cake/dessert table.  I never got any response back from the Cake Lady that the folks at the ranch recommended. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards