Getting in Shape

Trying to lose 10 pounds in 5 months

All right.. Let me tell you guys a little bit about myself. I just recently got engaged on February 28th. We set the big date for January 5th.. so basically I have 10 months before thw wedding. As a kid, I was obese, literally. Then.. as a teenager I lost about 50 pounds in less than a year. I kept the low weight for a few years and over the last two years I gained about ten pounds because I started working all the time and having to eat at crazy hours. Nowadays I am 5'3 and 128 pounds... my goal weight is 115 pounds!. I srtated doing gym about a month and a half ago.. I lost 2 pounds.. so really,  now I'm 126 pounds.. Does anyone have any tips to lose weight??
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Trying to lose 10 pounds in 5 months

• If you're already exercising, then just watch your diet.  What are you currently doing at the gym and what is your eating like these days?
    Anniversary
  • If you watch what you eat and exercise you should be just fine. I use myfitnesspal. I got the app on my phone. I have lost 24 lbs since Dec. 26. (I have way more to lose than you!) But it has really made me realize how much calories certain things have!
    Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Drink excessive ammounts of water!!! It will flush you out, keep you hydrated, give you pretty skin, and curb your appetite. I've been getting bored with my water so I started dropping in sliced fruit to change the flavor a bit. Also step up the cardio. You want to do 30min to an hour at least 3 times a week. And don't eat carbs after 4. You most likely won't do enough activity to burn them off before you go to bed. Good Luck!
  • ITs all in the diet...you can't outexcercise a bad diet.

Congratualtions on your engagement, and good luck on your fitness goal :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_trying-to-lose-10-pounds-in-5-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8382bdde-f4dc-452e-8074-3e6fe6a6a0caPost:d65302ce-3c22-45f4-87d5-f60628b7b833">Re: Trying to lose 10 pounds in 5 months</a>:
    [QUOTE]Drink excessive ammounts of water!!! It will flush you out, keep you hydrated, give you pretty skin, and curb your appetite. I've been getting bored with my water so I started dropping in sliced fruit to change the flavor a bit. Also step up the cardio. You want to do 30min to an hour at least 3 times a week. <strong>And don't eat carbs after 4.</strong> You most likely won't do enough activity to burn them off before you go to bed. Good Luck!
    Posted by meicac[/QUOTE]

I agree with the water part of this post, but veggies are carbs! Did you mean grains?

You need to eat veggies! Eating a vegetable after 4pm will NOT make you gain weight.

I think you're on the right track, just make sure you're getting in both cardio and weights, and I recommend tracking calories on something like My Fitness Pal. It's awesome!

Good luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's been so long since I've tracked calories! I have to think of a good way to carry some veggies for me to munch on for dinner... I work until 10 pm almost every night, so the times can be crazy and most of the time I eat carbs at night!
  • I'm not doing so much cardio.. I'm more weight lifting for lack of time!
  • Cardio and eating right will do it. I've been using Weight Watchers and doing intense 35 min. cardio workouts 4-6 times/week since Jan. 28th and have lost 10.2 pounds so far! The WW has really helped me with my portion control problem. I'd recommend it to anyone! Congrats on your engagement and good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_trying-to-lose-10-pounds-in-5-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:8382bdde-f4dc-452e-8074-3e6fe6a6a0caPost:d65302ce-3c22-45f4-87d5-f60628b7b833">Re: Trying to lose 10 pounds in 5 months</a>:
    [QUOTE]Drink excessive ammounts of water!!! It will flush you out, keep you hydrated, give you pretty skin, and curb your appetite. I've been getting bored with my water so I started dropping in sliced fruit to change the flavor a bit. Also step up the cardio. You want to do 30min to an hour at least 3 times a week. And don't eat carbs after 4. You most likely won't do enough activity to burn them off before you go to bed. Good Luck!
    Posted by meicac[/QUOTE]

Absolutely increase your water and do 30 min 3x per week cardio, at least.  ALSO, I had a lot of success with a really decreased carb diet.  Although you can gain back weight once you increase carbs again, I'd recommend just replacing any really starchy processed carbs you might eat now (like white bread and pasta, cut out refined sugar, baked goods, candy ENTIRELY) with whole grain versions, decrease carbs just a bit and raise proteins slightly with some weights in your workouts. Have protein for breakfast, or a little carb with protein, never carbs alone and NEVER skip breakfast!  You ought to lose 2-5 lbs a month just with these slight changes.
  • I have been struggling with my weight for awhile, fluctuating between 175 and 155...In January I started with ACE as a skeptic. I am sure, like me, you all have tried everything. Between Walmart and Walgreens I sure have! 
    Well, I am happy to say that yesterday I officially reached my goal size of size 4!!!!!!

There are many sites on the web selling this, do a search, I got mine from: 
    A.C.E. Your Weight. I am sure they will help you to!
  •  am 26 years old and I started Beachbody back in November, I started it with Insanity. Now, I lost 24 pounds and wear a size 5 in pants, now I am doing Chalean Extreme and Brazil butt lift, drinking water, eating right, and drinking Shakeology everyday. This isn't just somthing you should do just to loose weight, this should be a life change. I am a Beachbody coach, help people reach their goals, accountability, online support and motivation. I am have a Beachbody challenge group going on right now that started in Feb 20th of 6 woman. So far they have lost over 30 pounds all together and still loosing. I am going host a Beachbody Bridal bootcamp there is limited spots open and I would love for you gals to join. Visit www.beachbodycoach.com/SAAREW and create a FREE Beachbody profile. When I recieve your information I will call you to help guide you in which fitness challenge pack will work for you and your wallet. Then I will be with you for the next 90 days.
    I truely love what I do, I help people. Please contact me if you have any questions Saarewhite@gmail.com
    Looking forward to it.
  • Keep exercising, don't eat crap, and don't obsess or stress yourself out. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards