June 2012 Weddings

Re: EXPIRED

• Options
    I am definitely changing my name, I'm very excited about it. I think once it comes time to do it, I will be a little sad to loose my current last name that I've had all my life. But, I think it's something that comes along with be married and I'm excited for the next step in this journey :)

I did practice awhile ago, buthaven't lately. I should probably start again, lol
  • Options
    I've already perfected my new signature. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:82e1c41b-bf65-4313-bce5-c9222beb0e59Post:0db1f8c2-e6ab-44af-acad-ab9329066d55">Re: Name</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've already perfected my new signature. :)
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!!
  • Options
    Definitely plan on changing my last name. Haven't started practicing yet.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am changing my name... I really need to start practicing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:82e1c41b-bf65-4313-bce5-c9222beb0e59Post:d10732d6-142a-4fc2-b84b-fdecfa1a9277">Re: Name</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am changing my name... I really need to start practicing!
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

<div>I need to start practicing too!!</div>
  • Options
    Changing my name.. I have the signature ready! Happy my initials stay the same though
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I need to practice too!

And geeze Megbo, you're so perfect I'm jeal.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    Not changing my name...and I still mess up my signature every time I sign the same name I've had for 29 years. If I can't get this name right, how would I get a new one down?
  • Options
    aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    Dang, I need to start practicing lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:82e1c41b-bf65-4313-bce5-c9222beb0e59Post:8793e5ef-554c-47f5-9687-afa8307a76f5">Re: Name</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to practice too! And geeze Megbo, you're so perfect I'm jeal.
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

<div>Jealous enough to....post a 1000 word letter to me?! ;)</div>
  • Options
    Also Diamond, I am 16 I have lots of time during Algebra class to doodle my new name!!
  • Options
    I have practiced a little, it's kind of fun :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm changing mine..I need to practice
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I need to do this!  My FI's name is very, very different!
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this today!  I have to initial a lot of things at work and today I was thinking that I need to practice my new initials.  It's just going from a P to an R so I guess it isn't too drastic a change, but I make my R's differently so we'll see how it goes. 

This is so ridiculous but I remember that in high school I noticed that once I stopped being an idiot and writing my name with my boyfriend's last name on it, my relationships became a lot more successful.  Therefore I haven't practiced my new name yet because it's like a little superstition or something!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just thought about this today!  I'm not a huge fan of my cursive k's and realized I need practice.  I also teach and think I really won't mind when the kids forget and call me by my maiden name. :)

It's a little strange to let go of something you've had all your life!
  • Options
    I haven't practiced yet but I'm not changing my name until December.  When I do my signature though it lookes like a scribble so if I mess it up it won't be that big of a deal.
  • Options
    Seeing how my last name right now is my exes (kept it because of my son), I will definately be changing it! No need to practice because it is so easy to write!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:82e1c41b-bf65-4313-bce5-c9222beb0e59Post:0db1f8c2-e6ab-44af-acad-ab9329066d55">Re: Name</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've already perfected my new signature. :)
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>This!!</div><div>
    </div><div>And I am excited about changing my last name.  My  new name is half the letters of my maiden name, which means i can actually fit it on when i sign my name on reciepts.</div><div>
    </div><div>FI bought me an insulated cup with "D" on the front of it and told me I couldn't sart using it until after the ewdding.  LOL</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am changing my name. I have decided to keep my middle name, drop my maiden name, and add my fiance's surname to my name. Is anyone else doing this? Or are most dropping their middle name, keeping their maiden name and adding their new married name to the end?
     By the way, I have not started practicing my new name.
  • Options
    I am defiantly changing my name, I have practiced a little, FI last name is so long, and I sign my name many times a day also, so it's been hard to get it to were I like it..
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I need to practice...I have a really long last name so I basically have a habit scribble.  My name is going to change from 9 letters to 4 letters!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like my current last name so much better but I am changing it to my fiance's. His starts with a J and I think it's a very awkward letter so I better start practicing. haha
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Definitely changing mine. I also have the last name of an ex husband for my children's sake. I will have to change my business name as well to reflect my new name.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Perfected as well!
    It was pretty easy both our last names start with an L and have the same amount of letters. So I just need to adjust my scribble slightly. :)
  • Options
    I'm changing mine and I need to start practicing too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When I was studying for finals, i spent a lot of time practicing my signature.  Guess I better get on it again!  My FBIL's fiancee has had hers perfected for a few months now and she's not getting married until January!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:82e1c41b-bf65-4313-bce5-c9222beb0e59Post:8ade8507-1a63-46a7-8cce-9073ddbbf0c0">Re: Name</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am changing my name. I have decided to keep my middle name, drop my maiden name, and add my fiance's surname to my name. Is anyone else doing this? Or are most <strong>dropping their middle name, keeping their maiden name and adding their new married name to the end</strong>?  By the way, I have not started practicing my new name.
    Posted by rikkidawn28[/QUOTE]

I'm doing what is bolded.  I just practiced adding FI's last initial to mine yesterday.  I haven't practiced much it writing it out yet.  I have spent a bit of time explaining to my students how to say it.  It's Italian and a bit challenging for the average 1st - 4th grader.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:82e1c41b-bf65-4313-bce5-c9222beb0e59Post:8ade8507-1a63-46a7-8cce-9073ddbbf0c0">Re: Name</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am changing my name. <strong>I have decided to keep my middle name, drop my maiden name, and add my fiance's surname to my name</strong>. Is anyone else doing this? Or are most dropping their middle name, keeping their maiden name and adding their new married name to the end?  By the way, I have not started practicing my new name.
    Posted by rikkidawn28[/QUOTE]

I'm doing this too! My current last name is VERY common, so I'm excited to get a new last name. And I've always liked my middle name, so I don't want to give that up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards