Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Ceremony song length?

We're planning to use recorded music for our ceremony, and I'm going to walk down the aisle to Canon in D. My concern is that the version I'd like to use is over 5 minutes long, and I don't think it will take me nearly that long to walk down the aisle. So when I get to my groom, do we stop the song in the middle, or stand there until it finishes?

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony song length?

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you need to play the entire thing, just fade it out...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can fade out Canon in D about every 20 seconds since it's the same theme in many different variations.  You can stop the music or fade it out at the end of any one of the variations and have it sound fine.  We are using Canon for our processional for that exact reason.  A friend of mine is playing the piano and can stop it at any time.  If you love the song, use it!
  • Options
    madgemes101madgemes101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is playing Cannon in D on the flute while i walk down the isle so she can do whatever part i want. If you are doing a recording see if the DJ or whomever is in charge of music for the ceremony can fade the song in where you want it to start and then end when you are done making your way down the isle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards