Luxury Weddings

Vacation Help

Hubby and I are trying to figure out where we should go for our summer trip. And we need help. My original idea was Norway/ Sweden/ Russia. But I dont think i will be able to take enough time away from work to make that trip worth the distance. So I need ideas. We went to Thailand for our HM and loved it. We are looking for a combination of adventure and relaxation. We have gone to Europe and want to go somewhere new.

We have to spend about 7-10 days and no more than 10k. I was thinking maybe Belize? Puetro Rico? Any ideas? Suggestions?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vacation Help

• I'm heading to Puerto Rico in April and staying at the St. Regis Bahia. We're going for 5 nights after attending a bridal shower on the East Coast. I think something like the St, Regis combined with the W Vieques would be awesome! I also know a lot of people who have spent time at the Four Seasons in Costa Rica and rave about it. I personally have never been to CR. I've been to Belize and stayed at Victoria House. You could do something like that combined with Turtle Inn in Placenia or do a caye/inland combo at some place like Chaa Creek or Blacaneaux Lodge!

We have been talking about a Norway/Sweden trip for years and never get around to it. We always end up somewhere warm or somewhere in Europe that is more easily accessible. Hopefully you get to go someday!

• Thanks for the advice. I have been to the Four Seasons Costa Rica a few times and it is amazing. H hasnt been there but I would really like to go some place that neither of us has been to.

I will look into the spots you suggested in Belize and Puerto Rico!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad to hear the Four Seasons is worth it. Perhaps I need to check it out :) I'm trying to look ahead to our anniversary in August, since we have limited time off as well, and I'm stumped. Our big trips next year are Puerto Rico, Kauai, and Europe.

• jells, that sounds exactly like what my FI and I are planning for our hm! Have you been to either hotel before? If so, any tips?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_vacation-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:40bd0b65-f9c1-4b4c-aeb8-eac734624160Post:10e76949-9f16-4f5f-a3b8-45219f1156e9">Re:Vacation Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]jells, that sounds exactly like what my FI and I are planning for our hm! Have you been to either hotel before? If so, any tips?
    Posted by lodonnell616[/QUOTE]

Which destination? Puerto Rico, Belize, or Costa Rica? I have not yet taken my Puerto Rico trip (april), but I have been to Belize. I have not been to Costa Rica.

• Puerto Rico! Be sure to update once you've gone.  We're not going until early June.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We honeymooned in Puerto Rico. We stayed at the W Hotel (amazing) on Vieques Island, which is off the coast of Puerto Rico. It's an incredible property, great rooms, great service, a fantastic restaurant on property, two private beaches, really quiet resort, but plenty to do on the island itself. I highly recommend it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_vacation-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:40bd0b65-f9c1-4b4c-aeb8-eac734624160Post:f6620c43-78aa-494f-8974-64e381695034">Re: Vacation Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We honeymooned in Puerto Rico. We stayed at the W Hotel (amazing) on Vieques Island, which is off the coast of Puerto Rico. It's an incredible property, great rooms, great service, a fantastic restaurant on property, two private beaches, really quiet resort, but plenty to do on the island itself. I highly recommend it. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I would love to get to Vieques at some point. We're now actually thinking of canceling our PR trip (haven't booked the air yet) and going to the Cook Islands or French Polynesia instead. We keep going back and forth on it.

• Cool! Glad to hear some positive reviews! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards