Nebraska-Omaha

Ceremony Location Ideas

My fiance and I are getting married on Aug. 4th 2012. We have a reception venue picked out which will be at the Tip Top Ballroom downtown. I am having a difficult time finding a ceremony location that works for me. Any ideas? Here is some of my criteria/issues...

1. I am not affiliated with a church so I dont know of any that would be willing to offer us a location with little effort on our part... (eg. required classes and counseling etc) 

2. Im open to outdoors if it was the perfect location...Nebraska weather is just so iffy Undecided

3. Id like to stay in the general area of Downtown omaha.

Any ideas would help! Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Location Ideas

• edited December 2011

Do you know how many people you're planning to have at the wedding (guests and wedding party combined)? Depending on the size, you could do a fun rooftop or loft wedding or there is a really amazing and beautiful yoga studio in the Old Market that rents its space for events and would be really fun and different. For bigger spaces you could do the Press Club in the First National tower or one of the hotels downtown... But those places also do catering and would be more reception-y...

I like the idea of a rooftop somewhere and reserving a spot inside just in case it rains!

Happy planning! :)

The greatest gifts are friendship and love. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lewis and Clark Landing? (I believe it's under water currently, but beautiful nonetheless) or ConAgra Park?
  • edited December 2011
    They also have that park down the street on Abbott Drive right near the Gallup University. It is super pretty. We are talking about getting married at the Heartland of America Park as well.

• edited December 2011
    The Gerald Ford Birth Site isn't too far, and is very pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at a few hotels down there. Some are really nice. We ended up going more midtown, but we used a hotel since we're not affiliated with a church, either. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend First UU Church.  It is behind midtown crossing. Htye will let you bring in any officiatn you want - even JP.  The church is beautiful too! You do not have to take classes, conform to any religion, etc.  They offer is as a facility to use.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • MrsKava2012MrsKava2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lucile's in the Old Market looks to have a pretty garden or indoor area for a wedding.  It was top of my list for sites until we decided to have our ceremony where we are having our reception.
    Also the Magnolia Hotel has a beautiful courtyard that they can tent as well in case the weather was icky.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Madnolia Hotel. Otherwise a loft ceremony would be beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    The Magnolia is beautiful- just be prepared to shell out a lot of cash for it.  If your budget can accomodate- that would be at the top of my list as well!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    Were having the reception at tip top ballroom and they require a minimum of 250 people...SO Ive up'ed my guest list and still looking for a ceremony venue. I do love the magnolia but I want a shorter ceremony and Im not about to hand over $1500 dollars for a 15-30 minute ceremony  Undecided  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards