Maryland

Wedding/reception venues in St. Michaels area (on a budget)

Does anyone have ideas for an Eastern Shore wedding venues for 50-75 people? We could cut the guest list a bit if the venue wouldn't accomodate that many (in fact, it might be a blessing in disguise!) but are looking for a ceremony and reception site in the St. Michaels, MD area because that's where we started dating and got engaged. Ideally, we'd like to have the ceremony outdoors and would prefer for people to get to sit down vs. having a standing ceremony. I know that "budget wedding" means something different to everyone, so I'd say we're trying to keep costs for the ceremony/reception site, food, drink, etc. down to about $7,500 so we'll have some cash leftover for the attire, decorations, etc. Right now, we're targeting Spring 2013 and would go as early as March but no sooner to avoid the weather being too chilly. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Re: Wedding/reception venues in St. Michaels area (on a budget)

• The Hambleton Inn comes to mind. We've stayed there and had a lovely time. http://www.hambletoninn.com/corporateEvents.aspx If you get married in St. Michaels you MUST speak with Dana from Petals for flowers. She and her staff are wonderful, and Dana just gets it. She took everything that was in my head and made it come alive perfectly.
  • We booked Prospect Bay Country Club for our Sept 2012 wedding.  They are very reasonable.  The ceremony can be outside overlooking the 18th hole and reception in the club house.  The menu options are flexible and the coordinator Brittanie has been helpful.  Let me know if you need additional infromation.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards