Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Romania Flag

I am trying to incorporate my FI's country of Romania into the wedding.

We don't want to use any of the traditions because if you do one part of it we have to do it all. He is most Americanized anyway now that he has been here for a while.

We do want to incorporate the romanian flag. Where should we do this? should it be a physical flag? or should we put it on something in the room like printed on paper or on our cake?

Our wedding colors are purple and white so it doesnt really match anything, but then again flags usually dont.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Romania Flag

• Can you include traditional Romanian music into the dance mix?  Maybe an entree option or dessert from back home? Incorporate it into one of your signature drinks?   As for the flag... my first impression would be that it would be too obvious and out of place.  Maybe I'm just not creative enough lol
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Flags would seem sort of out of place on weddings. I don't agree that if you take one tradition, you have to do them all. Why can't you pick one that speaks to you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He could incorporate a tiny flag into his boutonniere, and you into your bouquet, or wrap the stems in the flag colors. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_romania-flag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:79d9a046-e9e4-42e5-9e3a-42afb6db2ba9Post:c2e783f8-b72f-41c0-8df4-697c74c9d5ed">Re: Romania Flag</a>:
    [QUOTE]He could incorporate a tiny flag into his boutonniere, and you into your bouquet, or wrap the stems in the flag colors. 
    Posted by pgcp[/QUOTE]

Thanks that is a very good one. I hadnt thought of that.

Also to PP, we cant do just one of the traditions. It is disrespectful to do one and not all. His mother will be in attendance from Romania where she lives so she would get offended.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards