Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Dreading Gift

I've been forewarned by my MOH that her mom bought me lingerie for my shower on Monday.  MOH tried to tell her not to--knowing that it would really embarrass me--but she wouldn't budge. 

It's a small shower (about 12 people) but I really, really, really do not want to open that in front of my mom, aunts, grandma and younger sisters. 

HELP!?

Re: Dreading Gift

• Options
    Your mom, aunts,  and grandma know that women wear lingerie.  After all, your mom's here, you're hear, and presumably you have cousins~perhaps as a result of some pretty lingerie.

Hold it up, exclaim about how pretty it is, and then move on to the next gift.  Now if you're asked to model it, that's another story. 

This will only become embarrassing ifyou let it become embarrassing.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Relax. Its a pretty normal gift to receive for a bridal shower so dont be so uptight about it. Its all in good fun and with good intentions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

like GoBucks said..it's all in good fun i wouldn't worry so much about it i mean a lot of people get soon to be brides lingerie it's not a big deal unles you make it one

• Options
    I think if you embrace it, and have a little fun, it can be a very rewarding experience.  The "lingerie" party is something that married women love to share with engaged women, and while it might seem a little weird to think about opening such gifts in front of relatives, you won't be modeling the gifts, and you can have a TON of fun.  I would suggest putting underwear garments over your head first (no seriously, I really mean it!)   No reason to have a ton of "class" with lingerie ... it's negliges and bras and what-nots, not dishes or towels!   Also... if you ACT uncomfortable, everyone else at the party will feel completely uncomfortable and that would be an unfortunate experience for everyone, including yourself.  Find a few moments to laugh... and have fun!!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    It could definitely be worse.  For a friends shower a few years ago, her GRANDMOTHER bought her a COCKRING.  WTF. 

Now, until you face THAT embarrassment, you've got nothin'.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_dreading-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:e6ec2cd6-9d9f-491c-b792-fe35c66aff79Post:5744f49a-112b-45ac-8318-d379afb9cdac">Re: Dreading Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]It could definitely be worse.  For a friends shower a few years ago, her GRANDMOTHER bought her a COCKRING.  WTF.  Now, until you face THAT embarrassment, you've got nothin'.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

OMG awsome.

Dear Grandma,

My FI and I would really love to thank you for the fablous cockring you gave us. We look forward to using it in our new home for many years to come.

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sick.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    uptight
    –adjective
    Slang .
    1. tense, nervous, or jittery.

Yeah....I'm still calling it uptight.
  • Options
    I can see being uncomfortable about this.  But like PPs said, it will only become a big deal to everyone else if you make it a big deal.  The shower is celebrating the fact that you're getting married.  Being married means that it's not taboo for you to have sex anymore (as long as it's with your husband).  I know as a society that we are conditioned to be embarrassed of sex, but look on the bright side - at least you know to expect the lingerie and will not be unpleasantly surprised at the shower.
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards