Flowers

Fake Flowers

Hello knotties, I am a MOH for my friend with a low budget wedding. I pin ideas that would help her save on the wedding with centerpiece ideas that are DIY, but she just told me she got all the flowers, including bouqets for the wedding for $100 because they are fake! Should I tell her or suggest a better way to save since fake flowers are tacky? I want her to have a beautiful wedding, or is there a way to NOT make the fake flowers look tacky?

Re: Fake Flowers

• I think you should keep your comments to yourself.  There are many brides on here that went the fake route and would not be too happy that you are saying that they are tacky.

This is your friends wedding and if she loves the flowers she bought then that should be enough for you.

I personally am not a fan of fake flowers (probably comes from the 8 years I worked in a florist) but just because I don't like fake flowers doesn't mean that other brides can't like them or use them for their wedding and I certainly wouldn't tell them that their fake flowers are tacky.

• nwwoodsybridenwwoodsybride member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't say anything. Fake flowers have come a long way and it's a great way to cut flower costs. If she's doing her own arrangements then fake flowers can be done in advance instead of fresh flowers the day before. 

My SIL had fake flowers ten years ago and they looked incredible. Your friend has already spent the money, so if you're into pinning ideas look into holders and different bouquet ideas for her new flowers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can't really say anything about them being tacky. If I were in your position I would offer to help her do as much of the flowers ASAP, this way they'll be done & she won't have to worry about them as the wedding gets closer. Once the bouquests are done, if they don't look good, she'll realize it herself & by doing it early she'll have time to find a plan b.
  • While it's best to support her individual ideas, if she comes to the realization she wants her wedding to have real flowers, then you should suggest something like www.wholesaleflowersovernight.com.  They have really inexpensive flowers that you can arrange yourself for a fraction of the cost.  Do-it-yourself is all the rage these days, especially in weddings, and you don't have to break the bank to have the real thing.  The flowers ship fast, remaining crisp and fresh, and they cater to almost any bride with their wide selection of blooms to choose from.
  • In Response to Re:Fake Flowers:[QUOTE]Hello knotties, I am a MOH for my friend with a low budget wedding. I pin ideas that would help her save on the wedding with centerpiece ideas that are DIY, but she just told me she got all the flowers, including bouqets for the wedding for 100 because they are fake! Should I tell her or suggest a better way to save since fake flowers are tacky? I want her to have a beautiful wedding, or is there a way to NOT make the fake flowers look tacky? Posted by pinktinkatom[/QUOTE]
    I hate silk flowers too. I used to work at micheals arts an crafts as a check out girl once a month a bride would buy 200 to 300 in silk flowers or other center piece stuff then a month later return them all smelling like cigarettes and having cut or bent stems. And guess what? Micheals accepted their return. So make sure you tell her to smell the flowers and check the stems. That's why I'm skipping floral centerpieces, and going with real flowers for my bouquet and my MOH and Best girl corsages.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards