October 2013 Weddings

Wedding Dress

So I bought my wedding dress last week!  I was in Florida visiting my sister and her kids and we decided to go shopping for a dress.  I found the one!  I bought it from Alfred Angelo and it is one of the Disney princess dresses.  I am in love with it!  Now I can't wait for it to come in.

Since Alfred Angelo is a nationwide store, I decided to call the store closest to me because I needed to make sure it was being shipping to RI and not to Florida since I live in RI.  The girl I dealt with over there was so rude I couldn't believe it.  She had the nerve to ask me why I bought the dress in Florida and not from their store.  I was shocked!  She was so rude about it too, she asked me if I just happened to be near the store in Florida and just walked in and bought it.  I don't think it is any of her business where or why I bought my dress where I did.  She was not helpful at all either, all I kept getting was I don't know what is going on because there are no notes in the system.  I ended up just calling the Florida store I bought it from and they handled it all for me and there were notes in the system that I know the other girl could have seen. 

But all in all, I am extremely happy with the dress that I bought and would not trade it in for the world.  Unfortunately for Alfred Angelo, I will not be buying any else from them.  I was going to look at bridesmaids dresses and flower girl dresses but I will no longer be going through them for anything.  They just lost out on a lot more money from me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Wedding Dress

• YAY!

However, pics or it didn't happen... just sayingLaughing

• Here it is!!  I love it!  These are my two flower girls with me in the first picture.  They wanted to try on some dresses too.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • Very lovely!

Those girls are adorable!

• Thank you!!  They are my nieces and they are very excited to be in the wedding and so is my nephew.  He will be carrying the rings for us.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • kg8807kg8807 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That's really pretty!!
  • Pretty!  We are having two flower girls as well.  I can't wait to go dress shopping!  Thanks for the info about Alfred Angelo stores.  I am hoping it was just that one near you because I have also been looking at their bridesmaid collections.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • The dresses for my sister's wedding this Aug are Alfred Angelo. I think it depends on the salon. We ordered them from a local one by us and didn't have any issues so far.

• I bought my dress from one of their stores in FL and the women over there were great.  I have heard some bad things about the customer service at the store near me in North Attleboro, MA.  That is the store that I had the problem with and I heard a couple other people say the same thing.  I am extremely happy with my dress though! 

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • Love it! I got mine from Alfred Angelo as well. I had a great experience. I think it depends on the store. 
  • I agree, it definitely depends on the store.  The women in the Florida store were great.  I coudln't be happier. 

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • That's beautiful! I'm going dress shopping next summer! I'm so excited! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • See that scares me because one off the dresses I fell in love with is Alfred Angelo and I also live in Rhode Island. If they are rude to me I think I will just leave with out buying anything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:04091dda-2bff-4557-a585-d53b9412aee1Post:b065615e-302b-4be9-bc96-2cc9ada31a38">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]See that scares me because one off the dresses I fell in love with is Alfred Angelo and I also live in Rhode Island. If they are rude to me I think I will just leave with out buying anything.
    Posted by amvonholtz[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you won't have this problem.  Maybe they were just rude to me because she wasn't able to make the commission off of me since I had gone to another store.  I have seen some bad reviews about them but maybe they have solved this problem.  I am not getting alterations done there, I am planning on going somewhere else.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • i am so sorry to hear that ,it is their faults ,but it is good that u love your dress so much . i met a webiste that sell dresses ,i love the pretty dresses ,so many  styles ,custom but no extra charges ,  if u have time ,u can have a look at ,the following website is my dress picture  
    good luck whit all of u 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards