Ohio-Cincinnati

Introduction/planning question/ Walden Pond

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got engaged on June 18, 2011. My fiance and I have been together for two years.
    I am pretty overwhelmed with this whole wedding planning process, so Iwould like to know what you reccomend are the first things I should do?
    I also would likke to know if anyone has any reviews of Walden Pond Golf Course in Hamiliton?
  TIA!
   Eta: We are going for an outdoor ceremony, I think reception also (not 100% sure though) Our budget will probably be around $10,000.00. We are thinking of September 2012
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introduction/planning question/ Walden Pond

• katiebean1katiebean1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! I am in the beginning stages of planning also. I would say your first priority would be to find a ceremony/reception venue(s).  Some of the places I looked are already booking into 2013! After that I would say book your photographer, caterer if needed, DJ/entertainment.  Once all the big things are out of the way it is much easier not to stress out!
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

Get an idea of how many people will be on your guest list so that you have a good idea of what kinds of venues you can start to look at. Ceremony and reception venues are definitely the first thing you want to book b/c once you have those, you know for sure what your date will be.

Next I would say book your photographer - they book pretty quickly. Then catering, cake, dress, flowers, etc.

Your budget is pretty tight, but its doable. You may want to start lurking the DIY board also and get some ideas for things you can do and make yourself to save some $$$

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katiebean1katiebean1 member
    edited December 2011
    I booked my ceremony/reception at Royal Oak Country Club, they have a really nice outdoor ceremony spot overlooking a pond, and the price is reasonable. Might be worth checking out =].  Also Fridays and Sundays are much cheaper!
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Conratulations & Welcome! The ladies are this board are super helpfuly :) I would agree with PP that said to finalize your guest list/how many people you want to have at the wedding first. Then start to figure out where you want tohave your ceremony and reception. Some receptions have caterers that you can use, but others you bring in your own, so I'd say that's another big thing to figure out. Don't feel overwhelmed (I know, easier said than done). Just enjoy this wedding planning and everything will fall into place :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome aboard!  We're a pretty user-friendly group (we certainly all have our own, sometimes strong, opinions!). 

Here's the site for an article that was in The Knot a few years back on doing a wedding for under $10K.  It's packed full of very useful information - at least it will give you some ideas. 

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/cheap-wedding-in-cincinnati-ohio.aspx

Good luck and let us know how your plans are progressing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards