Luxury Weddings

Where are you HMing?

We had a relaxing tropical HM right after the wedding and MH's only regret was that we didn't go on one BEFORE the wedding... LOL
I guess this time around we will be planning a trip before the vow renewal, I'll definitely budget for it on top of everything. 

Where are you and your husband-to-be travelling to?

Re: Where are you HMing?

• We will be HMing for 8 days at the Melia Cabo Real in Los Cabos :)
  • edited July 2012

I honeymooned in French Polynesia (Tahiti, Taha'a and Bora Bora) after my first wedding/marriage. This time, since we're having a destination wedding, our wedding/honeymoon is in Australia. We're staying on Heron Island 3 nights prior to the wedding to unwind and get over jet lag. Then, the wedding/HM portion is on Wilson Island and Lizard Island! Truth be told, if we had decided to get married in the States, we'd most likely be HMing in the Maldives. Since weddings are not legal there, we decided to save the Maldives for our anniversary.

• Turks and Caicos. My FI hates to fly so a 4 hour plane ride is enough for him. We are renting a private villa and will have a private pool and beach. So excitted for it!
  • We'll be HM In NewBrunswick, Nova Scotia and P.E.I. Canada
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • We'll be heading to St. Lucia for 8 days. There are several great resorts there and being outdoor adventure people there's plenty to keep us entertained.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to the Four Seasons in Bora Bora for 6 nights. Can't wait!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_where-are-you-hming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:138d1234-22a6-4766-b26c-f41d10b690f5Post:1b541d28-31db-42b4-a202-2b5043c97d73">Re: Where are you HMing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to the Four Seasons in Bora Bora for 6 nights. Can't wait!
    Posted by sparkly811[/QUOTE]

Bora Bora is gorgeous! I've been there twice (to the islands quite a few times) and French Polynesia is just one of those magical destinations that keeps pulling you back. You are going to have a fabulous time!

• We are going to Europe, mainly the south of France and then through the Alps for a couple of weeks :) We did a nice Caribbean trip earlier this year and weren't feeling another tropical vacation just yet. Maybe we will go to Hawaii early next year.
  • All fabulous trips ladies! 
    I'm shooting for a Maldives/Madagascar/South Africa trip, which is among my top 5 dream vacations. Sounds a bit articulate though so I'll be happy with Maldives and Madagascar...
    Another option would be to repeat our island hopping in Greece vacation, which would actually keep us closer to home base and still be great. Decisions, decisions!
  • We spent 2 weeks total in Ireland and got married in the middle of the trip. It was so great to have a full week in Ireland to relax and sightsee and just enjoy each others company before the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_where-are-you-hming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:138d1234-22a6-4766-b26c-f41d10b690f5Post:4b3e5e27-e161-4df9-84da-868ea13aa870">Re: Where are you HMing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All fabulous trips ladies!  I'm shooting for a Maldives/Madagascar/South Africa trip, which is among my top 5 dream vacations. Sounds a bit articulate though so I'll be happy with Maldives and Madagascar... Another option would be to repeat our island hopping in Greece vacation, which would actually keep us closer to home base and still be great. Decisions, decisions!
    Posted by BulgariHeart[/QUOTE]

It's actually quite difficult to get between the Maldives and South Africa/Madagascar! I just did a Seychelles/Mauritius trip in 2011. We flew into Jo'burg then over to Mauritius then up to the Seychelles. The only flights between the Seychelles and the Maldives required a stop and layover in Dubai or Qatar. It was my dream to do both in one trip, but when we looked at the logistics, it wasn't worth the many flight segments and extra vacation time we'd have to burn. So, we just added in Mauritius in its place! (However, I would have much rather been to the Maldives, even though Mauritius was nice.) I recommend doing a South Africa/Madagascar/Seychelles trip. There aren't any overwater bungalows there, but the Seychelles is magnificent! We stayed on Denis Private Island, but if we went back, we'd spend some time on Praslin or Mahe so we could explore La Digue. Denis is one of the most removed islands in the chain, not to mention hard to get to (once a day plane), so it was not feasible to head back to La Digue.

• We're going to St. Lucia. I've travelled all over and this is one of the places I've never been--so I thought we'd try something new. We're staying at a resort but have a private suite on the beach with our own pool, jacuzzi, and 2 butlers (: I can't wait to just relax and lounge all day long!
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Jells - we'd be travelling from Italy. There's an operator that we've used before who has itineraries like the one I mentioned. That specific one actually starts in Sri Lanka but we'd be able to arrange it as it suits us and start from the Maldives or anywhere in between. Thanks for the Seychelles recs! I'm looking into the combination you suggested right now!
  • Oh, you can definitely do it, but it will require a ton of jumping around. Just wanted to pass along that I had actually tried to do it myself, but didn't think all of the flight segments and time wasted for travel was worth it. However, I was bound to a certain amount of vacation time. If you're not, then it may be totally worth it!

• We're headed to Capella Pedregal in Cabo for 5 nights, then flying to LA and driving to Palm Springs (2 nights) and Vegas (3 nights) before flying back to CT!  Can. not. wait.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_where-are-you-hming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:138d1234-22a6-4766-b26c-f41d10b690f5Post:324da332-97f7-48da-b432-1943c26e701f">Re: Where are you HMing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're headed to Capella Pedregal in Cabo for 5 nights, then flying to LA and driving to Palm Springs (2 nights) and Vegas (3 nights) before flying back to CT!  Can. not. wait.
    Posted by Katred08[/QUOTE]

Any ideas of what you want to do in Cabo? FI is INSISTANT we have to go to the Cabo Wabo Cantina lol
  • One and Only in Cabo is great.

H and I went to Thailand for 2 weeks. It was amazing. We went to Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket. My one regret is that on our way home we didnt stop in Toyko for a day or two.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • One week in Italy and one week on a Mediterranean cruise.  Can't wait!
  • We are going to Moorea and Bora Bora!  I CAN'T wait!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_where-are-you-hming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:138d1234-22a6-4766-b26c-f41d10b690f5Post:3c50bd63-5aca-45fb-8101-c2297d725964">Re: Where are you HMing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Moorea and Bora Bora!  I CAN'T wait!!!
    Posted by Benny618[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you have any questions about it. I've been may times and love traveling there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards