Texas-San Antonio
Options

Need Photography, video and DJ recommendations

I'm on a serious budget but Ive decided to spend more on DJ than flowers and will forego video if I have to in order to get a good, affordable photographer.

Any recommendations?

Re: Need Photography, video and DJ recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Alusstra for the DJ and lighting.  They are very nice and have done a lot of events in San Antonio.  They threw in a lot of complementary extras, which made them relatively cheap!
    future Mrs. Garnica

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography:  Caitlin's Creations, she does packages or a la carte pricing and I thought very affordable

DJ:  Holtz Entertainment
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flowers-- Eden's Echo, San Antonio-- we are spending about 1500

DJ/ videographer-- we are getting one from Austin who will be doing both. They are a bit pricey though. DJ -800 and Videography plus lighting for venue-- 3000
    .http://www.altaredweddings.com/

Photographers-- who travel to SA for free from Austin are Old World Studios. The Engagements, Bridal and 7 hours is about 1800-2000
    .http://www.oldworldstudios.net/
  • Options
    bluesparrowbluesparrow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!

I am a local professional wedding photographer who offers experience, beautiful photographs, a personalized experience, and an affordable price!  Please check out my website to see my work and prices.

I am more than happy to help you customize a package that will not only you the memories captured by amazing photos but also make you happy financially!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Karly
    Owner of Blue Sparrow Photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello fellow bride-to-be! Congratulations on your engagement! If you're looking for an affordable photographer take a look at my future mother-in-law. She is an amazing photography and will work with you and your budget. Her brother is a photographer as well, he will be doing the pictures for our wedding. Please take a look at her website to see some of her work. She would be more than happy to show you other pictures as well during a consultation!

Her web address is: web.mac.com/srh2002

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amanda--- Take out the mother-in law part and this post should fit the requirements of the knot. Don't want you to get banned because someone might see you as a vendor by association.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blue Sparrow Photography!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't go with anyone else!!! She is extremely talented and takes the most amazing photographs and pays attention to detail! She is experienced and has great ideas if you do Bridal shots with her. (I LOVE mine).  And her prices are unreal, she could be charging a fortune for talent.

Can you tell I LOVE my photographer???!!!!!! ha ha

here is her site:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Lisa on Location out of New Braunfels.  She is doing our pics and her portfolio is AMAZING!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm considering Blue Fire photography. I, too, am on a serious budget and her packages start at $240 (which includes a DVD of your images and copyright release).
    Always Daddy's Little Girl
    kimdad-2

Mr. vs Mrs. Food Blog
    (Updated 6/12/11, please vote for the next dish!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Skeem photography...She's doing our wedding for $900...We chose her mainly because yes her work is fabulous, but she's taking an unlimited amount of pictures, and will be there the whole day...  Plus I had heard about her through the San Antoino weddings website, and she included a free bridal portrait session...(bridal portrait, engagement session, or trash the dress session were the 3 to pick from).  Check out her website...
  • Options
    jennidolljennidoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DJ I am using is through Texas Entertainment.  They have a DJ based out of San Antonio.  I highly, highly recommend them!  They do great work!!  The owner is Travis.  His number is 979-822-1999.  Tell him Jennifer in San Antonio referred you.  He knows me.  (And no, I don't get anything for referring people.)  :)

Best of luck to you as you plan your wedding.  I am frantically trying to nail down a venue for next summer. Ahhh!
  • Options
    amgiesamgies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't skimp too much on photography.  We almost did but are so thankful we carved more out from our budget.  Remember it's all you have to look back on.  You're mostly paying for their time as they follow you around all day long. 

And while it's nice to get all your photos on a disc afterward for a cheap price - that leaves you in charge of sifting through thousands of images and deciding which would look best in an album or blown up plus may not be color corrected/retouched.  Our album was made for us and certain chosen pics retouched and blown up.  You can really see a difference from our photography and say my brother's (he used an amateur).  That's my two cents of advice.

Some reasonably priced good ones in SA are:

Davy Crockett http://www.davecrockettphotography.com/

Chanda's Photography http://www.chandasphotography.com/

Pro Photo http://www.prophototexas.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards