Maine

BM gifts!

I just receive another shipment of bridesmaids gifts. What is everyone giving the BMs? I had bought beautiful pearl bracelets back on Black Friday from Macy's and I found matching pearl necklaces on Amazon.com and they came today! In addition, I picked up ivory pashminas and some more unique personal items for each maid. 

I am just so excited about how well the necklaces match the bracelets! I'm super excited and wish I'd bought one of each for myself!
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: BM gifts!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on the necklaces matching so well!  That is great!

I have my gifts purchased and ready.  I know it's way early but I've been all about getting as much done as early as possible.  I got each of my girls a tiffany's heart necklace, a coach wristlet, some philosophy shower gel, and a perfume roller ball (flowerbomb). 

For the guys we got them their suits and shirts from Joseph Banks, and we are going to get them some fun cufflinks.  Actually I should tell FI to get on that!  haha.
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, I have no idea what I'm going to do and need help!!  I have 6 BMs - my 2 sisters, his 3 sisters and my best friend.  They range in age from 27 to 45 and have very different tastes.  I've heard that gifts should be customized, but I also want them to be fair and equal.  I thought of doing jewelry for the wedding, but I read somewhere that you shouldn't give them anything that they'd be expected to wear for the wedding because then it's a wedding thing and not a "gift".  I am so lost.  Any ideas??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you dont really need to give them one its a wedding industry thing.

Ive been looking for sales and grabbing things that fit with the girls personalities. I bought totes on sale and will be filling them up with goodies. 

I think a really simple and nice gift is jewlry and you can choose price range. You can get some really nice pearl bracelets just about anywhere for pretty inexpensive.

Some girls do a spa day or a beach day and pay for things
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In every wedding I've been in I've received jewelry and never thought of it as any less of a gift because I wore it on the wedding day. I just bought my girls peals because that's what I thought they'd all like. I imagine most, if not all, will wear it for the wedding. My thought is: if the gift is from the heart, then it's a gift. That being said, I did get them each something to suit their personalities, too. 
  • edited December 2011
    So far I've gotten each of my girls necklace and earrings set, personalized cosmetics bags, t-shirts, and hangers.  I'm also going to get them each gift cards to their favorite stores (Dunkin' Donuts for one, Kohls for another, etc.)  Oh, and I got them each a pair of flip-flops for the reception.  Not sure what else yet, but we'll see...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got each of my girls a pashmina. I am also giving them a goodie tote.  I also paid for $50 of each of the girls dresses as when given the option this is what they chose, because it would make it easier on them financially.  I am still getting them some other stuff, and I know your technically not supposed to count anything that involves the wedding as thier gift, but this was what made them happy and that will make me happy.
  • meg213fmeg213f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where did you girls get your pashminas?? That's the last thing I need to get for my BM but i'm not sure where to look.

Thanks! :)

• plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meg - I actually found pashminas at Pier 1 Imports - they were having an after-Christmas sale. They were like $8 each. 

All: wow, sounds like wonderful gift selections! I'm sure all of our BMs will be excited and touched by the thoughtfulness that went into the gifts. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards