Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower/Bachlorette Pary for Destination Wedding????

I am having a destination wedding in Hawaii and my sister and I were talking about the Bridal Shower and Bachlorette Party. Since I'm having a destination wedding and inviting immediately family only, should I still have a Bridal Shower and Bachlorette Party? I am having a large reception/party a month after the wedding back home in which we are inviting all family, friends, co-workers, etc. Proper etiquette is that you only invite those to the shower and party that are invited to the actual wedding ceremony, is this true? Does this mean I should not have a Bridal Shower and a Bachlorette Party? Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower/Bachlorette Pary for Destination Wedding????

• mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Etiquette dictates that only those invited to the wedding should be invited to any pre-wedding parties.  That means that if you aren't inviting people to your ceremony in Hawaii, then you shouldn't expect a bachelorette party or bridal shower.
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP you should follow proper ettiquette or it will seem like you were wanting people to buy you gifts but they werent important enough for you to invite them to the wedding
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ·         Hey , I'm Passion Party Consultant & if u would like to book a "Girls Night In" and have a lot of Fun inbox me. I would love to help u plan a party. Also you can check out my web page at www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com/" target="_blank">www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-showerbachlorette-pary-destination-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:ca057fae-73fd-4161-bd32-4e8f2f709ae9Post:3c65a546-6686-4c7e-b46c-74663899b496">Re: Bridal Shower/Bachlorette Pary for Destination Wedding????</a>:
    [QUOTE]·          Hey , I'm Passion Party Consultant & if u would like to book a "Girls Night In" and have a lot of Fun inbox me. I would love to help u plan a party. Also you can check out my web page at <a href="http://www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com/" rel="nofollow">www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com/</a> " target="_blank" /> <a href="http://www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com" rel="nofollow">www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com</a>
    Posted by D & J[/QUOTE]

Seriously.. stop spamming the boards.
  • I'm also having a small destination wedding, with close family and friends, and my parents throwing a large reception (200+) when we return home for many more family and friends. 

I know what etiquitte says, but a few of my mom's very good friends, who are not all invited to the wedding in Mexico have offered to throw a shower for me which is so sweet and considerate.  My mom and I agreed it would be rude to decline even though I initially wasn't going to have a shower.  My fiance's aunt's in Canada also wanted to throw a shower so I said yes. I don't think it's inappropriate since we are hosting a large party for everyone and people have offered and want to do these things for us.

Also, my MOH (sister) and friends decided to throw me a bachelorette party but we've only invited the girls that are invited to the wedding in Mexico.  Since this is a more intimate event I thought it wouldn't be appropriate to invite others.

I think you know you're family and friends best and if others offer to host and you think it's appropriate then go ahead with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards