Georgia-Atlanta

Looking for a rustic outdoor venue anywhere in Georgia. Suggestions?

Hey All!

For the past couple of months I've been browsing the internet looking for possible venues for my wedding (sometime in the Fall of 2014 or early 2015).  

I'm looking for a rustic, outdoor setting--anywhere in Georgia--with the option of an indoor setting nearby in case it rains.  A barn is ideal (it's the new thing), but other ideas work as well.  A tree-lined lane, an open meadow, a state park or summer camp... you get the idea!  Budget is extremely low (no more than $6,000!), so options are slightly limited.  And the venue should be big enough to see a max of 125 people.

I've researched places like The Densmore Farm, Vinewood Events, Camp Kiwanis, Crooked Pines Farm... but I'm also looking for places that might not yet have become popular enough to be posted on the internet.  Many people hear of venues simply by word of mouth.

I'll go as far as to accept any place over the Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina borders that is still within range of GA (say max. of 15 miles).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for a rustic outdoor venue anywhere in Georgia. Suggestions?

• Rose Hall in Dallas GA has some good packages. You may want to check that out.

Lakeshore Manor has some good prices too.
  • Check out Spring Lake in Rockmart. Very reasonable with lots included, the lady who runs it is really great, they just book up really quickly so it might be perfect for you since you are planning a little bit more in advance!
  • Check out The Barn at Crooked Pines Farm, www.thebarnatcrookedpinesfarm.com. They have a really unique place that I think will give you what you are looking for!
  • Check out The Barn at Crooked Pines Farm, www.thebarnatcrookedpinesfarm.com. They have a really unique place that I think will give you what you are looking for!
  • Gaither Plantation in Covingtion is very reasonably priced.
  • One of my friends has a friend who is getting married at the Cotton Pickin' Fairgrounds in Gay, Georgia -- you get it for the whole weekend and there are 4-5 different venue locations on the property (you get them all from what I understood).
  • You may also want to check into Chukkar Farm Polo Club in Alpharetta.  Space for an outdoor ceremony and recpeption  (www.chukkarfarm.com). We just booked there for June!  Price is reasonable and they can do as much or as little as you want them to....and you can use all your own vendors!
  • Check out Rustix Manor in Woodstock, Ga!! I <3 that venue, it's so pretty! I still have too much time before I do the officail planning(5/2016) However, it has a beautiful chapel on site. The grounds are maintained beaurtifully and family owned, and they have a barn for reception and another option (I just found out about this place a few days ago online).

It's an outdoor wedding / reception venue
  • Check out Carl House, www.carlhouse.com southern, vintage, barns and pasture area for pictures. very pretty
  • I just booked Ragsdale Mill in Homer, GA. You can look it up on facebook Ragsdale Mill-wedding venue.
  • I'm getting married at the Lakehouse at Avondale Estates. (google it, they have a website with a calendar!) It is really cheap, no more than $1500 and they let you bring in whatever you want! (food, liquor, dj's). It can be a lot of fun if you have family members help you out with DIY projects! They also set chairs up for you outside, or indoors the day of wedding. Look into it! One look and I fell in love! :-)
    *~Real Heroes Don't Wear Capes; They Wear Dog Tags~*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards