Moms and Maids

MOH won't stop complaining about money

My MOH is my sister and as much as I love her, I am well aware of her faults. She has a hard time holding down a job and has money problems more often than not. I let my BMs pick their own dresses, shoes and accessories so they could determine their own budget. The first time my sister complained I told her she didn't have to be in the wedding party and told her to take a few days to think about it. She came back and told me she did want to be in the wedding. She's already ordered her dress and I don't want to take her out of the wedding, but the complaining is really getting old. She even complained to other relatives about it at my bridal shower. Any advice?

Re: MOH won't stop complaining about money

• edited December 2011

If you truly were that easy going, then just smile and stare vacantly.  Don't get into it with her.  Change the subject when it comes up.

Make sure you examine your own expectations of her, and make sure you're not being unreasonable.  Try and be objective.

Don't tell her anymore that she doesn't have to be in the wedding.  That's hurtful and will put her on the defensive.

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What else does she need to pay for?  She's already purchased her dress so she should be done.

And I agree with pp about telling her she doesn't have to be in the wedding.  You asked her to be in your WP and that's that.  If you keep telling her that she doesn't need to be your MOH then it sounds like you just don't want her to be a part of your day.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Just getting it out made me feel better.

I do want her to be a part of the wedding party, I just want her to zip her lip about the money. :)
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-wont-stop-complaining-money?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ad713c63-9e48-496d-92d8-28d8ed18afc4Post:4070df76-8fe7-4fd2-85d9-f2cd6eff8bd8">MOH won't stop complaining about money</a>:
    [QUOTE]My MOH is my sister and as much as I love her, I am well aware of her faults. She has a hard time holding down a job and has money problems more often than not. I let my BMs pick their own dresses, shoes and accessories so they could determine their own budget. The first time my sister complained I told her she didn't have to be in the wedding party and told her to take a few days to think about it. She came back and told me she did want to be in the wedding. She's already ordered her dress and I don't want to take her out of the wedding, but the complaining is really getting old. She even complained to other relatives about it at my bridal shower. Any advice?
    Posted by hru4real[/QUOTE]

If she's always had money problems and has always complained about having money problems, that's not going to change because you're getting married. It sounds like she's behaving the way she's always behaved.
  • kaitlyn&henrykaitlyn&henry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can understand why you dont want to hear it...i think the one time saying she can change her mind is fine, but i have to agree it is aggravating when BM's, especially MOH's complain about the expenses. Especially over and over...everyone knows what they are getting into when they say yes to being a BM.

I think ignoring it like others have said is best...maybe change the subject. I have definitely been in your shoes so i wish you luck and really dont let it weigh you down! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards