Wisconsin

Barn Wedding

HELP...I am looking for a barn venue, where I can have my ceremony and reception.  I have been looking ALL over and everywhere I have called they are BOOKED for fall 2013.  We live in Racine but are willing to have our wedding anywhere from here to the Appleton/Green Bay area. We are inviting anywhere from 150-175 guests so we will also need a barn that will be able to accomadate that number. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you :)

Re: Barn Wedding

• If you're willing to go closer to the Madison area, I would recommend The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond (http://www.barnharvestmoon.com/). The pictures on the site don't do it justice at all, but the inside is completely redone and absolutley beautiful! You can have the ceremony upstairs in the barn and there are beautiful windows or outside overlooking that pond. I know they were pretty reasonable cost wise and allow you to bring in your own caterer and booze too. The closest hotels are about 20 minutes away, but the hotel we all booked at threw in a free shuttle so we had no issues with that.

Good luck!! :)
  • What is the deal with everyone being obsessed with getting married in barns lately?
  • It seems to be the latest fad, thanks for Pinterest :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_barn-wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:bcc9cf58-1adf-479e-80b1-1f6e7220d214Post:c9cef3b1-f490-4168-bf66-aa9039d73c25">Re: Barn Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the deal with everyone being obsessed with getting married in barns lately?
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • crazykatiemaecrazykatiemae member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Have you ever been to one that's been put together very well? Not going to lie, between being in one as a bridesmaid and all of the cutesy them stuff on Pinterest I was super temped to change my mind for my own wedding! :
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I'm sure they're great, but all I can think of when I hear "barn" is getting dirt, hay, and slop all over my dress & shoes whilest the smell of manure overrides that of the delcious dinner I'd be trying to eat.

Not exactly romantic...Wink
  • You could look at Old World Wisconsin in Eagle or Trimborn Farms in Greendale.
  • Thank you everyone!
  • My parents have a remodeled barn used for events. It's red and has all the original beams/wood, but is also equipped with carpet, a stage, etc.. and heat if its cold! I'm having my November shower there
  • My parents also redid their barn for my wedding last July!  It is in NW Wisconsin, so far from you in SE Wisconsin, but it was amazing!  They are starting their own wedding business.  Check them out on Facebook: Brule River Barn Wedding and Event Center or at their website (though it is still under construction - more info on FB)
  • This place is great. You not only get the barn but you get the entire home also. The website is www.brickhousegetaway.com  There is also a link to facebookf from the website that you can see pictures.
  • What is the name of your parents barn and location? Do they rent it out for weddings? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards