Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

I can't find the right song!

2»

Re: I can't find the right song!

• emr1582emr1582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I also let my dad pick, and he picked "A song for my daughter."  I had never heard it before, but he liked it and that's what matters.

• FontanaKaneFontanaKane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with My Wish by Rascall Flatts.  I think it's great...not too popular and full of all the things a Dad tells his kids when they are growing up.
    Birthday
  • edited December 2011
    These are great suggestions girls, I really appreciate, Please keep em' coming!!
  • edited December 2011
    I suggest considering "Daughter" by London Wainright III.
    (it was the song played during the credits on Knocked Up.)
    Good luck on your decision!
  • mrsrpdmrsrpd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Daughter by Loudon Wainwright III is a super cute father/daughter song. not too sappy, but still with some truth to the lyrics. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also using "I loved her first".
  • edited December 2011
    That is such a good Idea. I may use "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.
  • jcastillo27jcastillo27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dude... this may be a repeat at weddings, but, "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlysle (I think thats how it's spelled). Bring your whole wedding party and guest to tears on your wedding day. :) Good Luck!
  • luckyme502luckyme502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what song I am dancing to with my dad.  I told him he could pick it out.  He's thinking about it, and is going to tell me when he decides. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" but i LOVE whitneykaye's idea of twist and shot!  sounds PERFECT!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_cant-right-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:0908b384-b673-4ab7-8487-5a75c604ae66Post:128474ea-a431-495b-95d2-c73ab123a63c">Re: I can't find the right song!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't find the right song! : I've been struggling with this, too.  I asked my Dad (whose fave is the Kingston Trio; just try to dance to "Tom Dooley"!) [/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only gal in the world who actually had this Tom Dooley dilema! Thanks for making me smile.
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Daughters by John Mayer :)

It's not a popular father/daughter song quite yet, and I love his voice in this song.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, So I have gone through about half of the songs you girls have mentioned to me. So far the one in the lead is "I loved her first" but the one by Tim McGraw. It is a great song. I can be swayed to something else though! LOL I have a few more to download Laughing
  • emilybestemilybest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lets get it on, marvin gaye.  everyone loved it!!
  • edited December 2011
    I used "Cinderella" by Stephen Curtis Chapman.  I love that song.  I used Mariah Carey's "Hero" to dance with my brothers.  DH danced with his sister instead of their mom (she's not well) and they danced to some country song that goes "my wish for you..."  They had the dj fade out the song bc of how long it is.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using "I Loved Her First" by Heartland.
    It's country but it's a beautiful song for the father/daughter dance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards