Oregon
Options

HELP! - Flowers, Caterers, Wedding Planners in PDX

Hello there! I'm an infamous knot lurker who has only posted once, but here I am, desperate for some advice! :) I'm newly engaged, getting married July 2011, and would love recommendations from all of you! We are having a casual, rustic, vintage inspired wedding on a blueberry farm. We have a venue (in Beaverton) and photographer so now I'm looking for a

-florist
-caterer
-day-of-coordinator/ month-of wedding planner

I'd love any recommendations you have. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of info on the internet and would love to here about vendors you connected with.

Beaverton/Sherwood/Tigard area vendors would be great since we are trying to keep the wedding local but any PDX recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Re: HELP! - Flowers, Caterers, Wedding Planners in PDX

• Options
    velocitygrlvelocitygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coordinator:  Nora (Totonchy) Shiels at Bridal Bliss planned our wedding, and I really can't say enough good things about her.  She was fabulous.

Florist:  Page Bender (knottie mmmpage) did our flowers and she did a great job.  She worked for Vibrant Table  in 2008. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I've heard lots of good feedback about Nora at Bridal Bliss so I will definitely check her out!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to rec mmmpage.  I have never used her but have heard great things.

For catering, I always rec The Bomber in Milwaukie.  They are very reasonably priced, the food is great, and Punky (the owner) is awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coordinator- Kami Agular with WedPortland or Melanie and Kim with Your Perfect Bridesmaid

Depending on the date in July, you may be able to get early season dahlias from Swan Island Dahlia Farms, which would certainly complement your theme!

Good luck with your planning :)
  • Options
    danibrunodanibruno member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our florist is Green In Bloom  (greeninbloom.com).  Her work is stunning and very affordable. I was referred by a friend and am very pleased!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in July 2011 too :)
    Definitely check out my Misty, owner of Luxe Productions! She will take care of you!
    http://www.luxeproductionsnw.com/# She will make you feel like a princess!

Where did you find a blueberry farm! That sounds awesome!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    for photographer i recommend Photography by Cambrae - she isn't strictly a wedding photographer so her prices are not jacked up :)

• Options
    southpaw97209southpaw97209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've kind of fallen in love with Ink and Peat for their style for flowers.  I saw them in a magazine recently and liked how they mixed rustic flowers with formal flowers.  My friend used Ooh La La Events for her wedding planner and I've used them for a non-profit event as well - great experience.  I've heard good things about Nora as well, though she was out of the price range my friend wanted to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards