Massachusetts-Boston

The Villa~East Bridgewater

My fiance and I chose The Villa in East Bridgewater for our winter wedding next January. we are having our ceremony and reception there. We immediatly fell in love with the fireplaces.
Anyone else getting married there. Being such a newer venue there are not many photos of weddings that took place there.

Re: The Villa~East Bridgewater

• shelle46shelle46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there this May in the Madera Room (with the fireplaces).  So pretty soon I'll have some great pics to share!
  • pudge27pudge27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The renovations are a big improvement there. FYI ... I went to a wedding there in November and the heat from the heating system and the fireplaces made the Madera Room like an oven. SO HOT! The groomsmen had to crack windows. I would talk about that with your coordinator.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in September in the Madera room as well.
    I love the ceilings and the fireplaces.
    I haven't seen many reviews or many pics from previous weddings there either.
    Shelle... Can't wait to here all about your wedding!
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are owned by the same people who own Saphire Estate in Sharon.  You could ask those brides too.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • SweetPea1126SweetPea1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in October except in the Grand Ballroom! I can't wait! It's sooo beautiful! I loved both rooms, but we decided to go with the Grand Ballroom because my fiance wasn't a fan of the columns in the Madera Ballroom (Gotta love civil engineers! haha)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • e77leigh5e77leigh5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in the Madera room in May as well!  Can't wait!!!!
  • shelle46shelle46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooh what date in May, Leigh?  Mine's the 22nd
  • e77leigh5e77leigh5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am the 21st!!
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol, you guys should discuss what your color theme is and maybe share decorations!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • nrsemcbnrsemcb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow lots of us getting married there. I cannot wait to hear about your ideas for the Madera ballroom.
    My theme is rustic winter. I love the wood beams and the fireplaces.
    I am going for a very elegant look. Having an evening wedding in  the winter, my bridesmaids are wearing black evening gown with a silver sash. We are going with tall iced branches for the centerpieces (can share pics if you want to see)
    Red roses, white candles, white linens.

A great idea one of bridesmaids gave me for the mantels is~a photos display with greenary and whit ecandles.
    Thanks for letting me know about the heat issue. never thought of that.

Please share ideas with me. I would love to hear yours.

xo
  • edited December 2011
    This is very exciting to have found other knotties getting married here!
    We are going for a romantic casual feel. Our colors are Chocolate Brown and Hot Pink. We are using a mixture of tall and short centerpieces with tons of candles!
    We will also be using uplighting.

I'm really glad to have found out about the heat thing too because I didn't think of it either! So thank you!!!
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck if it snows.  It's in the middle of nowhere.  I went to a function there and I didn't think the food was that great.
  • nrsemcbnrsemcb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Actually Farting Bride, I would be thrilled if it snows. The snow would add to the ambiance. We chose a winter wedding because we like snow, cool temps, etc. If your wedding is in the summer~you could have a rain storm or it could be 100+ degrees, making for a not so lovely experience.  Its New England, people still venture out. Most of our guests live in the area so it wont be hard for them to find the place. It is not in the easiest of locations if your from out of town. but that would be the same for any place. i heard the food was wonderful, all a matter of opinion.

Glad you had something nice to say today.
    xo

• edited December 2011
    I am thinking of getting married in the Grand Ballroom, not decided for sure yet. Would love to hear some reviews after your weddings!
  • edited December 2011
    We are just about to book our wedding in the Madera Ballroom as well! I swear we have been to atleast 25 places and when I walked in we fell in love... the wood floors are exactly what we wanted and the fireplaces just add to the New England charm and feel. So excited I found this post and cans hare ideas and pictures. Thank you!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in June 2012.  For those looking for pictures of weddings, the most that I've been able to find is on one of the Villa's preferred vendors website.  It berry photo, and he has albums listed my vendor.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    i've been googling everything under the sun to try to find pics of the villa, thanks ladybug!! i'm getting married there in June 2012 too!!!
  • jposuljposul member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at the Villa in June 2012! We are having a tent wedding.Cool
  • edited December 2011
    Any idea on pricing at the Villa as far as rental fees and cost per person?
  • I really love this venue! We were thinking about a December winter wedding for about 150 people and have contacted them and asked multiple times what the minimum spending is but they always skirt around the question and won't answer it... do you know what the minimum spend is for the Madera Ballroom?

Thanks!
  • Im getting married there Dec. 28th.  They dont technically have a spending minimum.  I went through the same thing of trying to figure it out.  Based on all the deals and what not they gave us I would guess its about 10k.  Keep in mind there is tax and admin fees on top of that so closer to 13.  They have been great so far!
  • Do they have a food and beverage minimum?
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @JoeJoe67 I'm not sure if they have a specific minimum for all events, but they do have a minimum for your individual contract. Our minimum is based on the average cost of the entrees we like and the estimated guest count.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I think that they base their initial quote to you on the amount of guests you estimate and then that becomes a sort of minimum from there on out, at least that's how it worked for us.  A tip--we gave them a budget range and they forced their initial proposal into that budget, so I would maybe give them a little less to work with than you ultimately want to spend and see what it can get you knocked off the price/thrown in.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think that they base their initial quote to you on the amount of guests you estimate and then that becomes a sort of minimum from there on out, at least that's how it worked for us.  A tip--we gave them a budget range and they forced their initial proposal into that budget, so I would maybe give them a little less to work with than you ultimately want to spend and see what it can get you knocked off the price/thrown in.
    That's weird. We gave them our range ($10-13k) and our quote is for about $11.5k.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Yeah, that's what I meant--maybe it wasn't clear from the post.  We gave them a range, too (for the entire wedding, not just their part), but I had this sense that no matter what, they were going to push things to fit into that range (including putting in estimates that were insane for vendors, like $500 for flowers...when all of their preferred vendors were in the $2K range).  They were trying to show me that we could do it all for under my entire budget...even though actually we are going to be over, even being frugal with said vendors, but that's something for another post...

However, once that proposal was made, that has become the "minimum" for our event.  That is, the contract is written now like we can't spend less than that (even if the guest count went down or something like that) and even though we are still months away.  But there wasn't a minimum ever given to us prior to getting that contract.  (They didn't say, on a Saturday night in July, the minimum is $15K or whatever.)  So, that being said, once the proposal was drawn up, every other contract we have signed has been based on "our" minimum, which was based on 120 guests---but we have no way to know yet obviously if that will be how many people we have--if we have less, then we still have to spend what it says in our contract.

Not sure if that actually cleared things up, ha...it's been a long day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards