Massachusetts
Options

The Publick House in Strurbridge.

Has anyone been to or had a wedding here?? I went today and although the inside of the place is old and not really my style.. the outdoor ceremony area and tent is perfect.. any thoughts/comments?? Thanks !

Re: The Publick House in Strurbridge.

• Options
    Squishy819Squishy819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married outside at the Publick House at the end of June.  We love it there, and everyone has been very helpful and accomodating!
  • Options
    christy2176christy2176 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Sturbridge and go there all the time, although I have never been to a wedding there.  The food is great and the staff are always so friendly.  It's an extremely popular wedding spot in this area.  I can't imagine you'd be disappointed! Another nice place in the area with outdoor tent & great views is Zukas Hilltop Barn (not what it sounds like!) in Spencer.  http://www.zukas.com/

• Options
    BridgieB123BridgieB123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked there and, though it was nice, it just seemed to public for me.  There's little privacy for cermonies and any dinner guest at the restaurant can watch your wedding.  You can also sort of hear the highway from there.  I actually like the inside more but it's still a pretty good choice for a wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a few years ago. The food, service and atmosphere was great. The ceremony was held outside. We didn't notice any 'gawkers' from the restaurant or excessive noise from the road.  It was an October wedding and the outdoor area was well decorated in a fall theme. The only problem was that it was a little chilly for an outdoor ceremony.

• Options
    lauralaurlauralaur member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at the Publick House. No random wedding crashers or strangers peeking into our reception. The staff is amazing and the food is great. We would definitely recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards