Wisconsin
Options

I'm moving to WI 3 days after my wedding....

Hi ladies!! My name is Kendra and  I was just poking around this board becase I am moving to WI in about a month and a half. I am from AZ and let me tell you I'm really excited to move, thankfully my fiance's father is helping us move so it wont be so stressfull. I know its not really ''wedding'' related but just wanted to introduce my self :)
Have a good day everyone!!

Re: I'm moving to WI 3 days after my wedding....

• Options
    bridejlbridejl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to WI! And good luck with the whirlwind of getting married and moving!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is quite the move!  The weather may take some getting used to...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Where is Wisconsin are you moving to?  Will this be your first time living "up north"? 

I moved to Madison from St. Paul, MN 5 years ago and really love it here.  I hope that you love it too! 

I know this is a wedding board, but the girls (or on TN) might be able to help with restaurant, shopping, and other recommendations.  Best wishes to you!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to Wisconsin! Having "seasons" might take some getting us to but You are moving here at a great time, when the leaves start to change colors...LOVE!
  • Options
    MrsKromrieMrsKromrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! We are moving to Coloma it smack in the middle of Stevens Point and Portage (very small town). I have never lived out side of Phoenix, so it's gonna be a huge change :) I'm very excited for the seasons!! but not so much the cold lol. I'm sure it will take some getting used to.
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that is quite a move!  Welcome to Wisconsin!  There are many wonderful things about our fine state, but the weather isn't always one of them!  If you like being out-of-doors you have come to the right place.  Central WI is full of outside activities-hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, watersports, winter sports, etc.  You will probably find yourself making trips to Madison or Appleton for the bigger city experience that you are likely used to in Phoniex, especially if you are looking for any shopping outside of Walmart/Target.  Stevens Point is growing, however. 
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome to Wisconsin!  I went to college in Stevens Point and if you enjoy biking, running or walking I would suggest the Green Mile (26 miles) around Point or Schmeekle Reserve in Stevens Point-you can bike, run or walk thru the University kept reserve and see a lot of wildlife and a lake.  Appleton is 1 hour away-great shopping and Madison is about 1-1/2 hours away and if you like sports-UW Madison has lots to see and watch-also great shopping.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kromrie - If you've never lived outsie of Pheonix, I recommend finding a hobby that you can do in the winter.  Winters are not only cold, but it gets dark early... so it can seem long and lonely if you don't have good friends yet, or things to do. 

I do a ton of crafts in the winter... and am more active in the summer with sports, etc. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    nickie1523nickie1523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are many welcoming people in that area. I moved to Westfiled (10 miles south of Coloma) about 3 years ago (since moved to Appleton) to take my first job out of college. It is very outdoorsy (hunting, fishing, farming, snowmobiling...). Enjoy!
  • Options
    bridejlbridejl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I currently go to school in Stevens Point and love the area! I used to be a city girl at heart (from the Milwaukee area) but I love living here, there's something for everyone and the area's too beautiful to not fall in love with. Enjoy the adventure!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MiksChick23MiksChick23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_im-moving-wi-3-days-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:df7d2c65-dbf4-4db9-9b7b-84e37e71b62fPost:bcf5e3f3-3d9c-41f7-a59a-ba9ae1dab3f5">Re: I'm moving to WI 3 days after my wedding....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kromrie - If you've never lived outsie of Pheonix, I recommend <strong>finding a hobby that you can do in the winter.</strong>  Winters are not only cold, but it gets dark early... so it can seem long and lonely if you don't have good friends yet, or things to do.  I do a ton of crafts in the winter... and am more active in the summer with sports, etc. 
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

A few ideas: Scrapbooking, FOOTBALL (we do have the greatest team), shoveling (just kidding), snowboarding/downhill skiing, building showmen...

Welcome! I love WI and appreciate teh 4 seasons. Yes, the cold sucks, but its definitely worth it when you have snow coming down on Christmas and you're bundled up in blankets watching the Pack dominate. =)
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards