New Jersey

Hair & Makeup Help Please!

So I had spoken with my normal hairdresser about a month or two ago about doing my hair & makeup for my wedding in Sept of this year....

She just informed me she'll be away the week of my wedding! =(

I'm looking for someone who won't overdo the makeup (a more natural look) and an updo. 

Any suggestions? =/

Thank you!

Re: Hair & Makeup Help Please!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hair-makeup-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:e61c359b-6ea8-4628-acc8-4bbd78ebe6c5Post:bbe356bc-9628-4006-b1d2-ff5cc14dda4d">Hair & Makeup Help Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I had spoken with my normal hairdresser about a month or two ago about doing my hair & makeup for my wedding in Sept of this year.... She just informed me she'll be away the week of my wedding! =( I'm looking for someone who won't overdo the makeup (a more natural look) and an updo.  Any suggestions? =/ Thank you!
    Posted by zelamoonbeam[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm getting married in north jersey..... don't know it that matters! Just thought I'd share! =)</div>
  • I booked Donna from Amazing Face and Luscious Locks.  She is awesome and can create any look you want.  Also check out the Knottie Review Site:

http://nnjknottievendors.weebly.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked Tricia for my make up and she has someone who does hair.  She was willing to do whatever I wanted.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hair-makeup-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:e61c359b-6ea8-4628-acc8-4bbd78ebe6c5Post:bbe356bc-9628-4006-b1d2-ff5cc14dda4d">Hair & Makeup Help Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I had spoken with my normal hairdresser about a month or two ago about doing my hair & makeup for my wedding in Sept of this year.... She just informed me she'll be away the week of my wedding! =( I'm looking for someone who won't overdo the makeup (a more natural look) and an updo.  Any suggestions? =/ Thank you!
    Posted by zelamoonbeam[/QUOTE]

I booked Valerie with Bridal hair and Airbrush makeup by Valerie. I had 2 trials before her and none of the other stylists came close to her work. Very talented and a sweet girl. bridalbyval.com
  • I used Michelle Loconte for Hair and Dona Massa for Make Up.
    Also a girl named Angela Sarricino that used to work at Michelle Loconte's salon Pink Comb is starting her own salon and she does hair and make up for weddings. I am actually going to have her do my hair and make up for my boyfriend's sister's wedding! You can find her on facebook I think she has her own hair and make up page on facebook in addition to her personal page! Let me know if you need any help!
  • edited June 2012
    I'm working with Gianna Giacona out of Maplewood. She is unbelievable - she was the only MUA who didn't overdo everything. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Angela Sarricone's new salon is called Salon Alchemy her facebook is facebook.com/angelamakeuphair
     and her email and phone number are on the page.
  • Thanks ladies!!!! I will check all of your suggestions out! =)
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I highly recommend Jillyan Scarpa Skin and Paint Bar for makeup. I wanted a really natural flawless look. I went to 3 other trials and left all of them feeling and looking like a clown. Jill nailed the look I was going for. She's such a sweet person too. For hair I used Mandy Liento La Sorella Bridal. She was amazing! Let me know if you have any questions or want to see pics! Good luck! :
  • mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    I also booked with Donna from amazing face, 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just booked a trial with Michelle Rivera. Her prices are very competitive and she was one of the more natural makeup artists I found. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My friend who has an upcoming destination wedding has used Jen Paelmo for her engagement session and will be using her for my friend's upcoming destination wedding. Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can second Jillyan Scarpa as well! She hasn't done my make up but I used to go to her for facials and eyebrow threading at skin bar and paint and she really is awesome! She doesn't do facials anymore which I am sad about but my mom went to her for a spray tan and it came out really good. They do hair, nails, spray tans and make up now i believe in the salon. Also I worked for Care Management youth and she gave one of my youth a free make up lesson, which is really awesome that she dedicated her time to a kid in need for an hour free of charge and also gave her some eye shadows! It really says something about a person!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hair-makeup-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:e61c359b-6ea8-4628-acc8-4bbd78ebe6c5Post:0cba98b5-761b-47d9-ba58-2214ef1c9aee">Re: Hair & Makeup Help Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can second Jillyan Scarpa as well! She hasn't done my make up but I used to go to her for facials and eyebrow threading at skin bar and paint and she really is awesome! She doesn't do facials anymore which I am sad about but my mom went to her for a spray tan and it came out really good. They do hair, nails, spray tans and make up now i believe in the salon. Also I worked for Care Management youth and she gave one of my youth a free make up lesson, which is really awesome that she dedicated her time to a kid in need for an hour free of charge and also gave her some eye shadows! It really says something about a person!
    Posted by Dancer2873[/QUOTE]
    She really is the sweetest person.  I actually still go to her whenever I can to get my makeup done.    She really goes out of her way for her clients.  She opened her studio once on a Sunday morning at 7am to do my makeup.  Can't say enough good things about her. :)
  • I get my make up done by Dona Massa regularly. I met her before I met Jillyan but both are just so great. Know their make up and are great people!
  • I get my make up done by Dona Massa regularly. I met her before I met Jillyan but both are just so great. Know their make up and are great people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards