Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

DJ Pricing...

How much did you guys spend on DJ services/uplighting? We met with a DJ today and FI was surprised at the cost so I wanted to gage what is reasonable.

Re: DJ Pricing...

• edited December 2011
    I believe I spent $900 on a reception-only DJ and a gobo monogram. This was 2 years ago.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ services only for ceremony/reception on a Friday evening are costing us about $700 if I remember correctly (we booked our DJ back in May).
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent $1500 for my DJ (unlimited time, no uplighting) and he was worth every penny.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $150 an hour and he capped it at five hours.  This was DJ only (no uplighting) for a Saturday night in May.  This was May 2009.
  • AshJohnson30AshJohnson30 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The DJ we met with is $1,500 for unlimited time and then $500 for uplighting.

Stephiehall - I'm actually trying to set up a meeting with Glenn since he's been highly rated on here!!

angelsong - Which DJ are you using?

Marissa & juliebug - Are your DJs still around?

Thanks for the help! FI gets sticker shock with everything wedding related so I try to find comparable prices to calm his nerves lol
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Marissa used Melody and Memories
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    I used Melody with Melodies & Memories for my wedding a few weeks ago and she was a total rockstar! I paid $800 DJ services for ceremony and reception (you get a slight discount if you mention you found her through The Knot girls). We did our lighting through Beyond, and that's expensive!!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dj-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bfc0b847-a652-4fae-abde-eca0f9bacebePost:ffab3a1d-694d-477a-a7ae-df1737979717">Re: DJ Pricing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The DJ we met with is $1,500 for unlimited time and then $500 for uplighting. Stephiehall - I'm actually trying to set up a meeting with Glenn since he's been highly rated on here!! angelsong - Which DJ are you using? Marissa & juliebug - Are your DJs still around? Thanks for the help! FI gets sticker shock with everything wedding related so I try to find comparable prices to calm his nerves lol
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

I think Angelsong is also using Melodies and Memories.

DJ's run the gamut from those just starting out for a few hundred to mid-range (like M&M) to higher end DJs that do weddings and corporate events (the DJ I originally wanted was $3K in 2009).

Some other good ones are LeForce Entertainment (also Glenn's company) and you might also look at Figment Productions.  I was happy to pay what I paid for Glenn, he was wonderful.  But you'll find good DJ recs here at every price point.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dj-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bfc0b847-a652-4fae-abde-eca0f9bacebePost:ffab3a1d-694d-477a-a7ae-df1737979717">Re: DJ Pricing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The DJ we met with is $1,500 for unlimited time and then $500 for uplighting. Stephiehall - I'm actually trying to set up a meeting with Glenn since he's been highly rated on here!! angelsong - Which DJ are you using? Marissa & juliebug - Are your DJs still around? Thanks for the help! FI gets sticker shock with everything wedding related so I try to find comparable prices to calm his nerves lol

Mine is.  I found him on TK.  His address is yourspecialdaydj@live.com.  His name is Matt.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I paid $625 for C&R with 20 uplights & a gobo.

I got an amazing deal because I won a drawing at a bridal show I was at. Ironically, I was going to call him to book him and he was calling me to say I had won.

I used JaBel Productions, he has since raised his prices. He was amazing! I loved everything about them :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I used Complete Music (Jason Eller was our event DJ), and we paid $795.00 for 5 hours on a Saturday night in June. Their uplighting was fairly expensive, but I negotiated them down to $20/can (from $45/can)--but in the end decided against using the lights. We had a great experience with the company overall.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Dallas Mobile DJ and paid $525- he was awesome. He was there from about 5:30-11

ETA: I have no idea what uplighting means but he had lights for the dance floor if that's what you mean
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, my DJ is also Melody and Memories :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! You guys have given me so many different DJs to research!! I told my mom the price and she didn't seem too pleased lol so I may need to find an option under $1,500.
  • edited December 2011
    We also paid $1500 for ceremony sound and reception DJ. Also worth every penny, but we used Damany with i-Entertainment. Our lighting was built into our venue, so big savings there!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dj-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bfc0b847-a652-4fae-abde-eca0f9bacebePost:74033527-b0a8-4847-9622-c4d27bf4c286">Re: DJ Pricing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much! You guys have given me so many different DJs to research!! I told my mom the price and she didn't seem too pleased lol so I may need to find an option under $1,500.

I'm going to be using Melodies and Memories I think we're paying about 800.
    Also I think one package I looked at through I-entertainment was 900.
    You can try DJ connections, I don't remember how much they were but I've also heard some hit and miss things about them. Just FYI.

My venue has lights so, this is just for DJ for the reception as they also do sound through the venue for the ceremony as well.
  • elisarrrelisarrr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using LeForce Entertainment for $1000 - unlimited hours package. My wedding is not til 11-19-11 but will be writing reviews after the honeymoon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You know...Melody may have been 800...I don't remember anymore. It's going to vary based on what you need anyway.

I HIGHLY recommend her...she dealt with a very bad situation (catering mess) at our wedding with ease and I still keep in touch with her. We got loads of great comments on her and she kept the dance floor full all night.

Best vendor we hired, hands down.

Do mention you found her on the Knot and Marissa (and all the others) say hi!
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using iEntertainment 1400 for DJ

We are using Beyond lighting for lights total was 4910 I think just uplights was 2500ish and just dance floor was 500 (those were the numbers in our proposal, but we have a lot of lighting elsewhere that drove our cost up)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we went with jeff from leforce entertainment and paid $1000 for ceremony and reception and then another $250 for uplighting.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dj-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bfc0b847-a652-4fae-abde-eca0f9bacebePost:8008a4d3-fee2-4c61-8ceb-61c7f11e9105">Re: DJ Pricing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I paid $625 for C&R with 20 uplights & a gobo. I got an amazing deal because I won a drawing at a bridal show I was at. Ironically, I was going to call him to book him and he was calling me to say I had won. I used JaBel Productions, he has since raised his prices. He was amazing! I loved everything about them :)
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

<div>I second Jabel. Hired him blindly (without seeing them perform) and them saw them live at a friend's wedding after. they did a great job IMO.</div><div>
    </div><div>I paid ~800 with a paid-in-cash discount. I got him right before the price hike however. not sure the prices now.</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, that included a monogram light and a little uplighting
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Cratin with LeForce and he was $1250.  He and Glenn Roush went to college together and actually started out DJing together.  I've been to a wedding with Glenn, and now I've been to my own (squee!) wedding, and Cratin was just absolutely amazing and pretty much exactly like Glenn.  He even updated us on football scores after it was all over (since I made him miss Baylor homecoming and all)!

We added uplights at the last second for $500, so it came to $1750 total.
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Thank you ALL!! I put FI on DJ research duty so he's been contacting all of your suggestions lol

professorscience - Yaay! You're officially a Mrs! And on the same day as Baylor's win Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone gotten a quote from Glenn recently for a Saturday?  Seeing your posts above makes me think that he's only pretending to give me a discount!  Which is fine, I'm just going to tease him about it.  ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dj-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bfc0b847-a652-4fae-abde-eca0f9bacebePost:570684cf-0a7f-46db-9cdd-6f45307aafb2">Re: DJ Pricing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone gotten a quote from Glenn recently for a Saturday?  Seeing your posts above makes me think that he's only pretending to give me a discount!  Which is fine, I'm just going to tease him about it.  ;)
    Posted by MichelleAG05[/QUOTE]

<div>Last November he was $2000 and wouldn't budge.</div>
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    The dj I'm using only 500 from 5-12 got a really good deal doesn't come with up lighting but has a great light set up. Let me know you want his info :-) best deal out there I found
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards