Canada-Ontario

Places to take pictures in Vaughan

Hi,

Getting married late October of this year.  Our ceremony and reception is at one location.  But would like to take photo's outside of the venue. 

Can anyone recommend a place in Vaughan.  Our venue is @ Hwy 7 and Steeles.

Thanks a bunch!

Re: Places to take pictures in Vaughan

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends got married at Bellagio - she went to an indoor/outdoor garden area that was close by - I'll ask where and get back to you.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in Vaughan in December though and the reception will be at Paradise. We are planning on going to Kleinburg for outdoor pictures but we are keeping Centennial Park Conservatory in mind in case the weather doesn't cooperate. Its just off the 427 at Rathburn. Let me know if you find any other places.
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any ideas yet but I wanted to thank you for this post. I am getting married in Vaughan in February and I am also having difficulty figuring out where to have pictures done. (and who to take them but that's another story)

If I find anything great, I'll post.
  • edited December 2011
    If your looking for an amazing photographer check out Margaret http://infocusphotography.ca/ She was referred to a friend of our for their wedding and now we are using her and another friend is going to go with her as well. She is based out of Mississauga but will travel.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update - my friend went to Kleinburg, about 30 minutes north of their venue for pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I would get in a car and head north a bit into the countryside.  so many open fields and barns there.  You might be able to knock on a door and ask. 

My photographer shot a wedding in Richmond Hill and we are going to use a old abandoned Barn for my Trash The Dress Shoot after the wedding.  Since my wedding is downtown Toronto... I'm looking at doing something rustic with the shots.

Here is the Barn from the Blog Post... it's down a bit in the post. 

http://bluesixcreative.com/blog/carly-derek-i-do-part-ii-wedding-at-oakview-terrace-richmond-hill/

Send me a PM and I'll email you a google map of the spot.  It's about 5 minutes from Oakview Terrace.

Lots of old fields up there.  Just go scouting one day with the music on and check it out... bring a map so you can write down possible spots...

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I live near the Boyd conservation area (Rutherford and Islington area) and there are lost of good areas around there if you want trees/ vegetation. Another option may be the McMichael gallery north of there on Islington or the Kortright center.

Another nice place (somewhere I am actually considering for my e-shoot) is on Weston just north of Rutherford called Vellore Hall Park. There is a little town hall building and some forest in the background.

But as mentioned in a PP just take a drive around the area and see what strikes your fancy.

Hopefully that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree... go for a drive... bring a camera to snap shots to help you remember and just keep your eyes open for possibilities...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards