Latino Weddings
Options

Hi Ladies!!

I'm new here, I've been lurking around my local board and my wedding month board but I had no Idea there was actually a board for us.  I'm so excited about that!  So I just wanted to drop by and say hello! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi Ladies!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the board! :)
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, welcome and congrats!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I see some of you are getting married pretty soon.  How is the planning going?  I have booked my Venue, Photographer, Videographer and DJ and now I find that I have nothing to do. lol.. I don't want to book a florist, limo, etc.. this early so I'm just kind of waiting now. 
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your on top of it all!! I only had my venu a year our. I have my venue, photography, videography, ordered my dress, reception shoes, hair/makeup, finishing invitation design, and a few other things. Planning is pretty smooth especially when your a decisive person and know what you want.
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm also 2012 and I'm a bit behind lol. I'm getting married out of the US though so my timeline is a bit different but congrats on getting all those things done! Hope to see you around more, the latino board is still struggling a bit to stay alive haha!
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've pretty much gotten everything underway as of now...
    Reception venue was the first thing I got done at 1 year and a half out.  Then DJ, Ceremony venue, Videographer, Photographer (it's my uncle), Dress, BM dresses, Invites (haven't sent them yet, I'll get to that at the end of June), BM gifts. 

I'm meeting with my florist next week to sign the contract and give her the deposit.  Then I'll just have to start looking at some favors and the boys have to get their suits! 

1st dress fitting is in 22 days!  I'm excited for it!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board Amor! Nati, did not know your wedding was out out of state. Is it hard planning from so far away? Wow you plus one year ladies are on top of your game, having picked out a venue so quickly! The sooner the better because there was a venue that I really liked that was booked on my day and that was back in February! They told me to change my date but my date has a special meaning.
    Cynthia, it is very exciting when you get your first dress fitting so congrats girl!
    I lost some weight so I had to order a smaller size, so I will have my next dress fitting in two weeks for the new smaller size:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I tried to book as much as I could early because I know how quickly dates get taken.  I always told myself that I wouldn't be crazy about it and that I wouldn't get my ring and go nuts with planning right away. lol... well that didn't happen, I think that something just automatically comes over you when you get the ring. Luckily my Fiance is very good about it all.
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_hi-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:b216c3bd-56b6-4c9f-a121-2b4dadfd07bdPost:77aec08f-65b2-4eec-9d18-0bbe0941dd3e">Re: Hi Ladies!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Welcome to the board Amor! Nati, did not know your wedding was out out of state. Is it hard planning from so far away? </strong>Wow you plus one year ladies are on top of your game, having picked out a venue so quickly! The sooner the better because there was a venue that I really liked that was booked on my day and that was back in February! They told me to change my date but my date has a special meaning. Cynthia, it is very exciting when you get your first dress fitting so congrats girl! I lost some weight so I had to order a smaller size, so I will have my next dress fitting in two weeks for the new smaller size:)
    Posted by themrspena[/QUOTE]

Actually no, cuz I live here hahaha! ;-) I'm in Quito, Ecuador. It'll be 2 years this summer! It IS hard however trying to coordinate people in different countries. So far I haven't had to deal with much of it yet, but I'm sure as the date gets closer it'll get tougher. For example, BMs and their apparel is an issue I don't even want to deal with... ever! Lol I still don't know what I'll do to get everything to work out easily!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I meant to say out of country not state(lol) because I am planning from out of state and it hasn't been an issue for me. I looked at different bridesmaids dresses from different boutiques but had to go with David's Bridal since I have one bridesmaid in Hawaii and it was easier for all my girls to go to their nearest store to get the same dress.

Also reading reviews on vendors and even dresses(D&B online lets you read reviews from people who have purchased dresses) helped me make my final decision on things, especially being from out of state.

• Options
    latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hola and welcome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards