California-San Diego

San Diego Wedding Reception Venue- Need Suggestions

Hey Ladies,

I am looking for a reception venue in San Diego and I need some help! I have seen a lot and I can't seem to find anything that I really like. I am looking for something indoors, preferably with windows a nice view.....and that goes at least until midnight. I am trying to stay away from major hotel chains and ballrooms. I like unique, non-traditional, and different type of venues. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: San Diego Wedding Reception Venue- Need Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget is... check out Bali Hai on Shelter Island. Or Tom Ham's lighthouse.
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend have her reception at the Star of the Sea--its an event space next to the the Star of India boat on Harbor Island.  Don't know if it's avail. til midnight, but it has floor-ceiling windows so there is a great view of the harbor.
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Ultimate Skybox at Diamond View Tower.. just had my wedding there on Sunday and our guests were blown away. It's non-traditional and modern but works great for a wedding. AND you can bring your own alcohol which saves thousands.
  • SheliaPierceSheliaPierce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Culy Warehouse in downtown San Diego. It's a unique space. You can rent furniture from Lounge Appeal (like the owner and his new bride did for their own wedding. Check out their pictures at http://scottlawrencephotographs.com/2011/10/downtown-san-diego-wedding-kristy-clint/.

Their sleeping accommodations were at Hotel Indigo, but their reception was at Culy Warehouse. And after you see the pictures, it will give you an idea of how you can decorate the space no matter the vendor you use to furnish it.

Good luck!
    Shelia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards