Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

2»

Re: B&M Monday

• edited December 2011
    Yea I asked most of my friends in school and they were paying over $700 for their one bedroom apartments. This is near downtown though, by Baylor Medical Center. That's why I stayed in the dorms.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    God, I wish I could pay what y'all pay! :(  We pay $1400/mo for a 2b/2b in Valley Ranch.  I guess the extra amount is what Al feels is worth being able to roll out of bed a 8:55, get ready and be at work by 9:05 :P

Angela - Don't feel bad about sleeping.  We went to Al's family's lakehouse in East Texas yesterday.  Once we got there I went to lay down for a headache and slept for 4 hours :X
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:493e9dc8-0c72-474f-b190-9641c830fc2dPost:d82d6599-6627-46ff-805d-22dce48a231c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]God, I wish I could pay what y'all pay! :(  We pay $1400/mo for a 2b/2b in Valley Ranch.  I guess the extra amount is what Al feels is worth being able to roll out of bed a 8:55, get ready and be at work by 9:05 :P Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

Kendall, thats what we pay for a 3b/3ba with a 2 car garage! We totally chose this complex for the same reason--it was 3 minutes to work for us, which was awesome. It just sucks that now the job that I am up for is in Frisco. We were saving money not having to get gas as often and not paying tolls--guess we will have to go back to that unless I want to take Preston all the way north, which would deplete my will to live. At least J's gas guzzler SUV only has to go a mile to and from work for the time being.
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My B&M is with people on our guest list that didn't send back their RSVP. Come on folks, how difficult is it? Now, 10 days past the RSVP date we've spent the entire afternoon hunting people down. I totally deserve the mani/pedi I'm about to go get.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:493e9dc8-0c72-474f-b190-9641c830fc2dPost:d82d6599-6627-46ff-805d-22dce48a231c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]God, I wish I could pay what y'all pay! :(  We pay $1400/mo for a 2b/2b in Valley Ranch.  I guess the extra amount is what Al feels is worth being able to roll out of bed a 8:55, get ready and be at work by 9:05 :P Angela - Don't feel bad about sleeping.  We went to Al's family's lakehouse in East Texas yesterday.  Once we got there I went to lay down for a headache and slept for 4 hours :X
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

Girl that's only $150 less than what we pay a month for our 3 bedroom/2 bath house!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I know right? :(  That being said, I love our apartment/townhouse.  It's biiiiig :P  We have 1500 sq ft that doesn't include the garage and 2 patio balconies

We are looking at houses right now.  Just got pre-approved but only have $280k to work with.  Considering Valley Ranch area starts at 250k for the low end houses, it looks like we are headed elsewhere :P
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So FI's project today was to start staining the shelving unit his dad made us for our kitchen.  It's just a small 2-shelf unit so we're staining it outside on our little balcony, we have to be extra careful.  I'm preeeetty sure he didn't actually look up how to apply stain, nonetheless did he pay attention to where the stain was actually going.  >.>  It's splattered all over one side of our balcony and the coating on the wood is runny like he didn't wipe it down with a rag afterward.  He also has it all over his face LOL. *sigh*  This is just about how painting our bedroom wall went...should have known better!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, the "Report" button on the PM screen needs to look way different from the "Reply" button... I almost always end up accidentally reporting people.  =(
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all the support!  I'm trying to be nice/pateint as I can be (no more mom calling me bridezilla!) I was even nice to the florist when there was miss-communication and they never had an order down for my mini bouquet for my bridals last week! Tomorrow I have off so I'm going to find a calligrapher and hopefully come Thurs I will have invites in my hands!

Bri-do not feel bad!! I'm glad she didn't do this to you! :-) I will admit-she does some amazing work!!! :-)

Random question-anyone know of a place that rents for maybe 900 give or take a few? We need bigger (we're 850 sq ft now) plus garage and back yard for Rosie!!
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't mean for it to be condition of peoples cars=section 8. 

I thought angelsong had said how can they afford it when they are home always home (Read in my mind:Don't have a job). A lot of the complexes here take section 8, which is what led me to this suggestion.
  • edited December 2011
    I love my apartment complex... the office is great... for me its inthe high end but it is well wortyh it.
    It is in Coppell and I pay about 730 for a 800sqft one bed one bad... close to the dart green line too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards