Maine

Check that was a HUGE relief!

My FMIL is a very sweet person but totally did not want to go dress shopping.  We are 3 months out and I was dreading what she would end up wearing.  I had no requests for colors for her to wear and was even going to let her wear red if she wanted to.  See....great FDIL that I am.  haha.  Anyway, we took her daughters to get measured for their Jr. Bridesmaids dresses and I made her try on some dresses for fun.  She reluctantly agreed and the second dress we put on her she LOVED, I loved and it looked seriously amazing.  I was so worried this task would be one that would haunt me for the next 3 months.  I am so happy it was resolved and with such great results!  Yay!  The ladies at Alfred Angelo's were so helpful and our salesperson was the one to poo-poo the red color and convince my FMIL to wear something more complementary to the group.  I didn't have to be the bad guy so it all worked out!  

Yay!  Anyone else accomplish some great checks this weekend?
Married 9.4.11

Re: Check that was a HUGE relief!

• plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is AWESOME! SO happy for you!

I just finished my table identifiers and I'm proud to say they look fabulous and cost me about $0.40 per table. Yay IKEA!

Also, I'm just about done with my name cards - this will be a HUGE, HUGE check when I'm finished. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    yay! My mom and FMIL both have not picked out thier dresses yet! I'm in the same boat, 3 months to go and I'm a little worried!
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  I have no idea what my FMIL will be wearing.  She's across the country.  

We did some shopping and got items for our day before BBQ, like outdoor games and sunscreen (which made us feel pretty stupid when we got sunburned today on our day trip on the midcoast because we didn't bring any of it).  
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL lives two towns away and I have no idea what she'll be wearing.  I'm not going to let myself get stressed out about it though.  I keep reminding myself that what she wears will be a reflection of her, not me.  I'm still not even convinced that she'll show up!

My mom has her dress, but she needs to get it altered.  We've got about a month and a half until she needs to wear it and I'd hate for her to have to pay extra for a rush job at the seamstress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to know I was not the only one with that was worried about the FMIL's dress!  Last night she called and said she was thinking about changing the color to Tan because she think's she'll wear it more afterwards.  I told her she could if she wanted to, but that purple color was stunning on her. I hope she keeps it, but regardless at least I know she'll look great!  Phew!
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! My mom got hers (also purple!!) ordered and she's just waiting for it to be delivered so she can get it altered. I have NO clue what FMIL will wear. She will probably just wear a dress she already owns. She's not a fan of buying new. I'm trying not to worry about it too much! If she decideds to wear something completely informal, it will be her that looks silly and not me. :)

My big to do this weekend was working on the table identifiers. They aren't completely done, but almost there. We are doing wood picture frames with the names of the places we've been as the table names and then a picture of us at that place in there. I got picture frames for $1 each at Michael's, but had to stain them and then get a wood burner to burn the name of the place in each one. I finished staining them all this weekend, and just have to do the names once they finish drying. It ended up being a lot of work, but its sooooo much cheaper than buying the frames.
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_check-huge-relief?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:5d5aa98d-560d-4129-ade5-13d67ed284f2Post:1559e8a4-6d69-4ea0-97d3-c1f266d1f417">Re: Check that was a HUGE relief!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! My mom got hers (also purple!!) ordered and she's just waiting for it to be delivered so she can get it altered. I have NO clue what FMIL will wear. She will probably just wear a dress she already owns. She's not a fan of buying new.<strong> I'm trying not to worry about it too much! If she decideds to wear something completely informal, it will be her that looks silly and not me. :)</strong>
    Posted by sarahfowler38[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one in this boat.  I've only ever seen FMIL in the same type of clothing, nothing ever really dressy though.  If I thought she'd use it, I'd give her an early wedding gift of a gift card someplace to get a dress, but I'm afraid she'd take it as an insult.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I was faced with this problem this weekend. FMIL asked what she should wear, and Me, having NO clue and have never even thought about it said "whatever you want". haha. I really do have no clue though. FMIL and I aren't extremely close...kinda makes me sad. We're pretty different value/relgious/politcial wise, and she never just says what she's feeling its all passive aggressive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards