Christian Weddings

**SuMmErKuTiE**

Hi!  DH and I want to take a trip this spring somewhere warm and would like to try an AI somewhere either in Mexico or DR.  Do you know if it is possible to do something for under $2000 for a week?  I thought you might have some recs since you mod the HM board.  TIA!

Re: **SuMmErKuTiE**

• Yes, you can definitely do a week at an AI for $2k in Mexico or the DR. Those two locations and Jamaica will get you the most bang for your buck!

DH and I stayed at the GR Solaris in Cancun a while ago and paid $998 per person for the hotel which was an AI and our airfare from Connecticut. They also have a sister hotel called the Royal Solaris that you'd have full access to which is a short walk down the beach.

Also, try looking out on Groupon for extra deals, and go through bookit.com for even deeper discounts than Expedia, Hotwire, etc..

Another bonus.. Jet Blue now flies into Cancun, Jamaica, and the DR! :-D
  • Thank you!  I think I found something for over Valentine's Day.  It is GR Solaris Cancun.  How did you get from the airport to the resort?
  • Yes we stayed at the GR Solaris in Cancun, it's a 4 star resort in the hotel zone and it was built in 2004 so it looks much newer and nicer than the other resorts in the area. We took a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport when it was time to leave. They have a ton when you exit the airport, or you can reserve it beforehand. The trip to the hotel from the airport is probably about 15 minutes, maybe even less so it's not like you'll be driving through the mountains in St. Lucia for an hour before reaching your resort. It's a much easier drive so it's no big deal to share a shuttle van with several other couples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards