Connecticut
Options

Opinions please!

My fiance & I are almost positive that we have found our venue but have a few things to consider when choosing a date, and I would appreciate anyone's opinion on the following!

1. Is late April too cold to have an outdoor ceremony?  (We would have a backup in the case of inclement weather.)

2. Our venue has a loft with additional seating.  Would it be odd (or rude?) to have people seated for dinner in the loft, overlooking the bottom level?

If we do the wedding in April, the min guest count we'll be required to have will fit comfortably in the downstairs level. If we do a May wedding, the weather may be nicer for the ceremony, but we will be inviting more people to meet the min guest requirement and will need to seat people in the loft.

Everybody that we would LOVE to have at our wedding will fit within the max number for the downstairs, so we wouldn't be cutting our guest list to do an April wedding.  We do have more extended family, friends of our parents, and coworkers that we would invite if we had a larger wedding & used the loft - people that aren't musts, but that we would like to have at our wedding if the space (and our budget) allowed for it.

THANK YOU in advance!!

-Tanya

Re: Opinions please!

• Options
    I think you will be okay choosing in April. We are getting married in August at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills and our ceremony is outside. If there is bad weather then we will have to move it inside. Obviously not ideal and not what we want but if it has to happen then we'll do it.

We also have seating in the loft. I don't think we'll need to use it but I don't think it will be rude. I think it's a unique space and people will understand that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_opinions-please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:8145168a-09dd-45c0-b684-a8a430595031Post:68eb5e9f-a08f-44db-b955-f23824b47ebd">Re: Opinions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Christine,  if you don't mind me asking, what venue are you getting married at?
    Posted by tanyamary627[/QUOTE]

We are getting married at the barns at wesleyan hills!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am getting married at the Barns too in April.  It is similar to Salem Cross Inn and has a loft, so depending on our responses, most likely people will sit up there.  Weather can always be iffy, no matter the time of year.  I went to a November outside cermony last year and it was pretty cold but the couple had blankets for people who wanted them.  I also went to an outside ceremony on the hottest day in July last summer, almost think that was more miserable than the cold day in November.  It all depends on you.

If you are going to do Memorial Day Weekend, just give your guests plenty of advance notice for hotels etc as things can book up or people can make other plans.
  • Options
    We ended up booking our venue today, for June 1st, 2013!! Not at all what we were planning to do but we are really happy with it! We will have to seat people in the loft on this date, but I think it will work out if, like you girls said, put younger people up there who will be down on the dance floor right after dinner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards