Ohio-Northeast

DJ recommendations?

Hey everyone! I am looking for some recommendations for a DJ in the Akron area. I am getting married next May and want to start meeting with some. Our budget is around $1000, but getting below that number would be great. I want one who knows how to keep the party going but isn't obnoxious. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!!

Re: DJ recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    We are using Dutch Treat DJ's. Tom Clark, aka Dutch is a great guy.  He is a smaller company, so you might got a lot of wow that some other DJ's bring, but he charges about $100.hour and is a very upbeat kind of guy.  Might be worth talking to him.  I am getting married in June, and will be posting reviews on this board after that!  

Happy Planning
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm going with The DJ Crew out of Akron. I've met with John, the head guy, and I really liked him. I went to a wedding he worked, and the crowd really seemed to respond to him. I also liked the price: he was very reasonable compared to other big name companies that show up at all the bridal shows. And, he has a referral program. If you book with him and mention my name/ wedding date, he will give us both $50 off. You can then have other people use your name to get even more $50 referrals. (an excellent program for those of us paying for our own weddings!) Happy hunting!
    Sarah
    5 Aug 11
  • edited December 2011

Hi! We just got married last Saturday and our DJ was AMAZING and super cheap!!! His name is Anthony Jakabs, his email is ajakab@neo.rr.com
    Our wedding was in Canton, but I believe he lives in Akron.
    He is so nice and energetic and let's you play whatever you want or picks the music for you.. whatever you want!! He is great I cannot say enough good things!

Good Luck :)

• edited December 2011
    We will be using Marino Brothers. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • GinaFabulousGinaFabulous member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the DJ Crew!  John is AWESOME!  He really takes care of his brides and will work within your budget!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Canton and using "Get Down Sound" DJ Dan.  He is about $800 I believe, does not charge by the hour and that includes set up as well.  He was the only DJ I met with and felt comfortable immediately.  He did not seem corny, just down to earth.  I'm getting married 5/27/12, so I obviously haven't seen his work, but photographer recommended him. Here's his website:

• aprebynskiaprebynski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Hats Off Entertainment because they are the best!  Organized and professional and they definitely keep the party going!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards