Canada

Intro!!

Hey guys, I am a long time lurker, and have had a few posts here and there (like 7 I think lol) but I plan on being a little more active now that my wedding isn't that far off...here are some details

Date of Wedding: June 4, 2011
Location: Literally in the middle of nowhere in Sussex New Brunswick, a little chapel on a dirt road with no power...should be interesting :D 
Wedding Colors: Brown andddd various other spring colors like pink, light blues, etc. 

A little bit about me and the FI
we're both 23, and have been together nearly 7 years, so we're highschool sweethearts 

My Knottie name Shpoop is a nickname given by the fi abour 5 years ago...not sure where it came from, but its grown on me haha. 

I am a full time student, he is an environmental inspector 

we do not live together and will not until June 4th of next year :) 

So thats a little about me, i look forward to sharing my ideas with you all and hearing yours as well! :D 

Happy Wedding Planning!!
Our Happily Ever After wedding ticker Anniversary

Re: Intro!!

• edited December 2011
    Hello!! Congrats and welcome!! Can't wait to hear about more wedding plans!
  • MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    image Married and Junk.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks :) How are your wedding plans coming along tiffbot? Your wedding is a month after mine, are you excited? Stressed?? haha, oh and Missleah, your dress is gorgeous!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhhhhh so excited!
    Wedding plans are going great.  I like to be organized, but pretty chill about it at the same time.  So I've pretty much got all of the big things done and out of the way and can slowly start to think about the littler details!!  The little details are a lot of fun..hehe!!
    Did you do e-pics?  That's been about my favorite thing so far, and buying my dress of course!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello - congrats and welcome! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have not done E-pics as of yet, the FI and I decided that we wanted to do them in a winter-esque theme so we`re waiting for lots of snow! It should be cute. I will post them when we get them :) . As for buying a dress, I was expecting some really stressful experience but it has been sooo fun, and within the first coupIe times of going and trying them on I found one I absolutely LOVE!  dont have pics of that either, i really have to get on these things lol. with organization, I`m pretty much the same way. I have all the bigger things done and now it seems like I`m waiting for the appropriate times to do everything else, like send invitations, I am enjoying every step of the way though, thats how it should be!! 
  • edited December 2011

Yes it always should be fun and exciting!  One of my friends who was recently married told me as soon as I got engaged to remember to always have fun and enjoy everything cuz the engagement is gonna go soo fast.

Do you have a pic of your dress?
    Here's mine..I like to show it off hehe

http://sophiatolli.com/item/?i=Y21058&collection=Sophia Tolli - Bridal

• edited December 2011
    I don't have pics of it yet.....I think being caught up in the excitement, and really not caring if it was a designer gown, I didnt ask, so I have no way of finding a picture of it online....I've tried a few times, AND I didnt get pictures of me in it yet, but when it comes in I will definatly post some pictures, and your dress is GORGEOUS. I love the overlapping layers and stuff, when I had gone dress shopping for the first time, I had something like that in mind, and ended up getting something that is nothing like that haha. its funny how you envision one thing end then end up going with something completely different.

My most recent wedding related activity was ordering my cake. I'm getting a 3 tiered square offset carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, yum! lol, have you got your cake ordered or picked out yet? I'm way ahead of the game on this one, so i know most people would wait a bit longer and even the people at the place were getting the cake laughed at us and said we came super early. .
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I'm no longer planning but I love hearing about your weddings!

I'll add you to the Canada bio - thanks for your info.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Haha..I didn't ask the designer of the dress either, I didn't even think to do that..but I have the store's Facebook page on my Facebook so I stalked their page (this is Facebook after all..hehe!) and eventually found it!

And I really had no idea what I wanted..I found a few pics online on what I thought I liked but I'm kinda short and had no idea what would actually look good on me, I tried so many different styles on!  It was very fun!!

I haven't done too much with the cake yet, but lucky me..my mom has made all the wedding cakes for my cousin's weddings and so of course I asked her to do mine!It's super awesome cuz whenever we see designs or something we like we can email pics and just get inspirations..it's going to be so awesome to be able to have this big project with my mom! :)

A carrot cake is such a cute idea!! That will be deliiiiicious!!!

I love looking at everyone's plans and ideas..make sure you keep posting! hehe!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I plan on it, I'm just growing into my "posting shoes" haha. And that's great about your mom being able to make your wedding cake. my BM works in a cake shop, however she is doing our favors as a wedding gift, we're having "cake bombs" which are little balls of cake dipped in chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate (also yum) and I didnt want her to have to do our cake too, I dont want it to be a stressful time for her either. We're actually getting our cake at Mrs. Dunsters Bakery...im not sure where abouts you're from but mrs.dunsters donuts are sold everywhere but their factory is local to where our wedding is :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yum..cake bombs sound deelish!

Actually never heard of Mrs. Dunsters.  I'm in Saskatoon...there's a crap load of Tim Horton's and Starbucks here..haha.

So..I was looking at your pics...We either have VERY similar engagements rings or else it's the same one.  Crazy!!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh really? Neat. I checked out your pictures too yesterday and you and your fi are a super cute couple!! :) How long have you been together?  and yeah, I am really lucky about those cake bombs, shortly after being engaged my BM told me she'd do those for free, we're not having a big wedding, only 100 people including the bridal party, but she has to double that amount in cake bombs cause everyone gets two. so she'll be busy, and i am very grateful. As for mrs.dunsters, maybe they're only the Maritimes. Their donuts are sold in grocery stores and are super good. We  have tons of tims and starbucks around new brunswick too, we also have Java Moose, which is actually quite comparable to starbucks, and is local, i enjoy it. :D 
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!!  I am in Fredericton and I love Java Moose!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Nat&Pete :) So far on the Canada board, you are the closest to me that i've found. Java Moose is awesome! <3 
  • edited December 2011
    Aw thanks!
    We've been dating since February of last year..so not quite two years yet.  It's weird tho..kind of one of those "where have you been all my life" things..haha..it feels like we've always known each other. 
    He's actually my brother's high school science teacher (I'm from a super small town and my bro is 8 years younger than me..)  So just by luck of the draw (seriously..someone else got his job but there was an issue with her contract so he got it!) he started teaching there a couple years ago.
  • edited December 2011
    That's really sweet about your "where have you been all my life" moment. As I've been with my FI for seven years, he's been around my whole life (so it seems) haha...all of my dating life anyways. :P and thats neat about him being your bro's teacher :P haha. I hope he's a nice teacher haha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards