Florida-North Florida
Options

Sala Menendez Room (A1A catering) or Lightner Weddings

I was just curious if anyone used the Sala Menendez room or had a wedding in the Lightner museum in St. Augustine.  If so can I get a run down or worth based on cost and just general what you liked didn't like.  I am trying to plan a wedding for July 2012 and I keep hitting ruts.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Sala Menendez Room (A1A catering) or Lightner Weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Lightner in June 2012. I love it there! I am going through the Wedding Authority and Dawn is awesome! I got the packaged deal that includes the ceremony at the Lightner, the reception at the Bayview Room (still with A1A catering) and the price includes a wedding coordinator, cake allowance, DJ allowance, carriage ride, open bar, and all food and dinnerware for a sit-down dinner. I got the highest package you can get and it was for 75-100 people and the estimated price was around $11,000-$12,000. It was the prettiest place for the ceremony and the best price for everything that's included. I would go to the Lightner and inside there is the Wedding Authority office. You can go in there and ask them for more info and better pricing. The office is closed on Wednesdays though so make sure it's any other day. HTH and let me know what happens!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure that a RECEPTION at the Lightner starts at 10K for the rental of the space. The garden is beautiful for ceremonies, though, and reasonable.

I'm looking into the Govt House for the ceremony, and the space there is beautiful, as long as you don't have more than 100 people!

How many people do you have, and what sort of budget are you trying to work within? Casa Monica, White Room, Lightner, Llabias and Govt House all have about the same fee for the ceremony, but then things change a lot when you get into reception prices!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards